Author Topic: Avast AV Free vs Avast Pro AV and Avast IS AV  (Read 12013 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast AV Free vs Avast Pro AV and Avast IS AV
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 01:06:36 PM »
The old setup consisted of all web browsers in a hardened sandbox through Sandboxie with an on demand virus scanner for downloaded files. Suspect files were also ran inside a hardened sandbox that doesnt allow internet access with Spyshelter Premium x64 real time in case of keyloggers. Sandboxie was auto set to delete contents on exit and only allow net access to programs I specified.

If you have any questions left, I can't find them here...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 02:06:42 PM »
Asyn, SafeSurf
I suspect whitedragon551 intends configuring avast! something like this: "Making Avast the lowest overhead AV available"
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

whitedragon551

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
Are you looking for Avast to be resident AV (normal) or on-demand?

Im going to make it on demand as stated above. I just wanted to know if there were other options with the Avast Pro and Avast IS AV module that would make them a better choice over the free. I may just use my Avast IS key so I dont have to put up with the annoying ad.

SafeSurf

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 10:13:58 AM »
It sounds like you are trying to self-configure Avast, and therefore I cannot help you with that.  Avast developers and the Avast Team have tested each product prior to putting this out to the public to be most efficient and I cannot and suggest or encourage any self-configuration of this software. 

Here is an Avast comparison chart http://www.avast.com/comparison-chart so you can see what each product has.  All products contain the same AV protection, and you can change from the default settings although it is not recommended.