Author Topic: ADNM 'an empty shell', no programs to deploy, no computers detected.  (Read 4814 times)

kyron

Hello, I just installed ADNM (4.8.995) on an SBS2003 server. None of the computers show up in any of the catalogs-dynamic groups even after the discovery task was launched. Also, there are no installation packages available when attempting to create a deployment task (installation package drop-down list is empty). I first thought it was due to me skipping the download process during the initial setup, after re-installing, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

grehund

Re: ADNM 'an empty shell', no programs to deploy, no computers detected.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 04:03:59 AM »
Hi Kryon,

If you haven't already, grab a copy of the Admin Guide (adnmag.pdf).  You need to create the packages for deployment yourself, prior to running the deployment task.

As for the discovery task issues, I'm experiencing the same issue with a new install of ADNM on SBS2003.  Discovery Task starts & stops immediately.

Any help anyone?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: ADNM 'an empty shell', no programs to deploy, no computers detected.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »
What is your discovery task setup like?  Do you have a username and password defined?  Are you using active directory lookup or ntlan?

Do you have a domain, or a workgroup?

Are all your computers on the same subnet?

Is there a firewall that could be preventing a scan?

What do your ADNM logs say?
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum