Author Topic: Resolved Having a problem with hiding my email address in my profile  (Read 1883 times)

Diddy

HI I am having a problem.  I tried to hide my email address in my profile but when I checked the square to hide my email address I then went down to the bottom of my profile and put in my current password to change my profile.  After I did this I logged out and I then logged back into avast support forum.  I then went back into my profile and went into my account settings and again my email address I can still see it in my profile even if I have the square checked.  Please help me

thanks a lot have a good evening

Ps: I checked the square and have entered my current password now and I did push the change profile button
please let me now if this worked
thanks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:54:57 AM by Diddy »

Gargamel360

Re: Having a problem with hiding my email address in my profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 07:29:57 AM »
Normally this is where I say "When you hide it, you yourself can still see it, but it is hidden from everyone else"  And this is true, I can still see my mail address on my screen for example, but it is hidden from others.  But...I can still see yours, so it did not work.

Did you not hit the "change profile" button to save your changes after you entered pass?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 07:31:29 AM by Gargamel360 »

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 08:19:34 AM »
It's hidden now.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 08:22:52 AM »
@ Diddy,

Your email is now hidden.  Only you and the Moderators will be able to see it, but the rest of us cannot.

Do you have any other questions?  If not and you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

If you do have questions, feel free to continue this thread.  Thank you.  :)