Author Topic: Avast claims my Cd player has a disk  (Read 2793 times)

inlife

Avast claims my Cd player has a disk
« on: August 20, 2004, 11:59:30 PM »
So  with that I can never shut down, there is no CD in the Player, and it keeps happening. Can't uninstal avast, so now what???

Thank  you

Kurt

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Avast claims my Cd player has a disk
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 12:08:48 AM »
Uninstall Avast with the uninstall util. (READ THIS)
Then reinstall Avast. Let us know if this solves your little problem.

But this sounds more like you are having a problem with the OS or even a hardware error.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 11:15:47 AM by Eddy »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 12:17:19 AM »
So  with that I can never shut down, there is no CD in the Player, and it keeps happening. Can't uninstal avast, so now what???

Thank  you

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Check your settings, I believe there is an option to check CD drive is empty to ensure no accidental boot/infection from CD on startup.

Check the avast help file.

What OS are you using?

When you say you can't uninstall avast, what version of avast are you using? What did you try? What happened (error messages, etc.)? Try to be comprensive it makes it easier to try and help.

Please Help us to Help you - User's FAQ - we need more information to be able to help fully. A visit to the - thread will give you a lot of useful advice and an idea of the information needed to Help you fully.

Download RejZor's avast! External Control program it has an option to uninstall avast if you have experienced a problem with the add remove uninstall.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 01:53:25 AM »
Why don't you just turn off the option to check the CD drives on log-off?