Author Topic: Profile page - 'Newbies'  (Read 1799 times)

kb-r

Profile page - 'Newbies'
« on: December 24, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »
Hi, all.

From another post...

Q:
"How do you create your own signature at the bottom of your messages?"
A:
"you won't be able to do that until you've reached 20 posts[/i]"

There seems to be so many posts asking this and similar questions, including one from me. 

I suggest that a suitable note be added to a 'Newbie' profile page, under "Modify Profile"; this might reduce the number of such posts, and save many hours (cumulative) spent by newcomers searching the forum.

kb-r

Offline Rompin Raider

Re: Profile page - 'Newbies'
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 08:12:44 PM »
Good idea...I searched around for quite a while but now I know.
Win10 Pro 22H2 64 bit Avast Premium Security/uBlock Origin

SafeSurf

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:16:14 AM »
Good ideas you both have.  Unfortunately these rules are anti-spam rules that were created a while ago.  When the time comes and you reach your 20 posts, and it won't take long, here is how you create your Signature:

Go to PROFILE on the top of the main forum page > Modify Profile > Forum Profile Information > Signature.  Enter information about your system like the Operating System (OS), RAM, browser, security software, what version and product of Avast and firewall you use, other security software,  and other items you wish to mention as well as your country flag.  See my signature or others as an example.  The purpose of this is so that we can offer pertinent advice.  Thank you.  :)

kb-r

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 11:26:44 AM »
"these rules are anti-spam rules"
"When the time comes and you reach your 20 posts..."

Understood - thank you for your good advice.
But a note saying the above would still be useful to the hundreds (thousands?) per year who go searching the forum for... Well, searching for the above info!.

Cheers,
kb-r
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 11:28:21 AM by kb-r »