Author Topic: AIS shows Expired Subscription and Invalid License, but I just purchased today  (Read 9220 times)

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
The tools are just to make sure that it is not the remnants which are interacting. There something else which is not cooking good. Try what vecchio has suggested because he has experienced it.

jhp40

No good. It still will not take the license file.
Maybe I should go back to bloatware mcafee. It never gave me this much problem on install.
This is rediculous. $30 wasted.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:19:10 AM by jhp40 »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
I tried every possible thing I could do with this problem. Contact avast support team here : support@avast.com , may be they can solve your problem. If that doesn't solve either, you can contact sales@avast.com for a refund. But I strongly recommend you contact support@avast.com - they sure will help you.

jhp40

I have contacted them by email, but they have not replied.
I have even tried signing up for a trouble ticket, but my registration never completes (I never get my email confirmation)
i have work I need to do and need to be protected to do it.
It is BS that I buy a license and it "expires" the same day!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:27:48 AM by jhp40 »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
They sure will. Please wait for a day and again message them.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:31:57 AM by nmb »

jhp40

They sure will. Please wait for a day and again message them.
I don't have a day to wait for a response. I'll download macafee - it has worked for me in the past - not like this piece of crap avast.
I'll chalk up the $30 I wasted on this to experience. People talk crap about macafee, but it has never failed me as bad as avast has today.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Btw, you can try installing the beta and see if it works out for you : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=67984.0 I'm sure this is a temporary problem.

jhp40

Thanks, but no thanks. I didn't pay for a BETA version.
Yes, it is a temporary problem, as I am going to another AV vendor. You need to test thoroughly BEFORE release.
Avast is crap. Flush it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:38:45 AM by jhp40 »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
You can try one last thing, Request for resending the license : http://www.avast.com/resend-license.v2.php

jhp40

You can try one last thing, Request for resending the license : http://www.avast.com/resend-license.v2.php
I have already done all that.
A total waste of time.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Thanks, but no thanks. I didn't pay for a BETA version.
Yes, it is a temporary problem, as I am going to another AV vendor. You need to test thoroughly BEFORE release.
Avast is crap. Flush it.
Avast 5.0.677 is working fine on 99.9% of system's so there has to be some conflicting issue with some other software on your system, please run the removal tool's for your previous av's from here in safe mode http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/ what is your firewall? what version of window's are you running?

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
A total waste of time.

First, calm down.

What happens when you request for a license? I mean do you get any email back?

Where did you buy the avast license?

jhp40

A total waste of time.

First, calm down.

What happens when you request for a license? I mean do you get any email back?

Where did you buy the avast license?
I received the license just fine. AIS won't accespt it. I bought AIS from the AVAST website.
I am on Win XP SP3.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Right click the license file, open it in notepad(click edit). Search for the string "License creation date" (without quotes) and check the date mentioned next to that string. Also check the date next to the string "Update license expiry date:"

Do not change anything in the license file. just close the notepad after verifying.

Is it what it has to be?

vecchio

Avast is crap. Flush it.
Calm down
I have used avast products for years and years on diferent machines and never had a serious problem
The only problem i had was in the present BETA stage of 5.1 and btw it was resolved already
So my friend , belive me whwn i say avast is not crap
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:41:12 AM by vecchio »