Author Topic: Some License BS from Avast...  (Read 8691 times)

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
Some License BS from Avast...
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:39:07 PM »
I had bought a 3 user license for AIS which i requested a refund for because i did not need a 3 user license but didn't know at the time that they had 1 user licenses available. So the refund for that was confirmed but right after i refunded my 3 user license i purchased a 1 user license but now im getting a message in avast that my new 1 user license is invalid. i am definetely not happy about this kind of unorganized licensing system thats going on here but why would my new license be saying its invalid now? ive already emailed sales but im hoping for a response from avast ASAP, either in this thread or from my email.

suffice to it to say that i don't think i will be renewing this AIS license knowing the kind of unorganized licensing system they have going on, unless i see some sort of change or prompt action on it.
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Some License BS from Avast...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 10:01:27 PM »
When are you getting that message? Your license file seems to work fine for me.
Please upload the file c:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\license.avastlic to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 05:38:33 AM »
When are you getting that message? Your license file seems to work fine for me.
Please upload the file c:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\license.avastlic to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

i get it wenever the program tried to update. and sorry but how do i upload it to that?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:40:09 AM by firzen771 »

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 07:02:51 AM »

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »

How to submit a big file to AVAST Software?
https://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=18

ye i understand what and where it is, but im not really sure how i upload a file into it.

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 08:20:26 AM »
Perhaps this will help:

Here is additional information on how to invoke a memory dump file:  http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=71.

Please, zip and upload the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file to this anonymous ftp server and name it uniquely: ftp.avast.com/incoming.  Avast will analyze it and respond back to you in this thread or to your email.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 08:49:07 AM »
@ ss its not memory dump but his license ;)

@firzen771

Open any folder, type http://ftp.avast.com/incoming as the path & hit enter. Copy the renamed license.avastlic(rename it to firzen771.avastlic) into that opened folder. You cannot see the file copied there.

SafeSurf

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 09:03:51 AM »
Oops...I see that now.  Thanks.  ;)

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 06:07:50 PM »
that doesnt seem to be working here, can i not simply email the license file, its not like its a large file...?

zfactor

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 06:33:50 PM »
send a explanation to sales@avast.com and send the lic file attached. this is what i have done every time i have had a issue and within 24hours they ALWAYS responded back except on sundays (not sure if they are not there on the weekends) and they have resolved my issues each and every time perfectly.

but to ask what version of avast are you running? the newest beta's have had some issues regarding lic'ing and mine would not be accepted either. i got the same lic not valid message.

try this.. find the file on your system (not from within avast) and double click it and you will get a box that pops up say yes or okay (i forget which) and then reboot. that has worked for me when i got that error message.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »
send a explanation to sales@avast.com and send the lic file attached. this is what i have done every time i have had a issue and within 24hours they ALWAYS responded back except on sundays (not sure if they are not there on the weekends) and they have resolved my issues each and every time perfectly.

but to ask what version of avast are you running? the newest beta's have had some issues regarding lic'ing and mine would not be accepted either. i got the same lic not valid message.

try this.. find the file on your system (not from within avast) and double click it and you will get a box that pops up say yes or okay (i forget which) and then reboot. that has worked for me when i got that error message.

not using the beta and ive tried that, it says its invalid still and wont insert into avast. clearly they either sent me the wrong license file in the email (sending me the old license which i got a refund for) or they accidently disabled both licenses including the new one i had bought...

zfactor

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 07:53:38 PM »
okay well is was worth a shot. im sure they will get back to you asap. they always do for me whenever i have had a issue whether it be sales or tech support. i just had a similar problem and granted they didnt get back to me on sunday but monday morning i had a email with the corrected lic file.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 09:57:48 PM »
okay well is was worth a shot. im sure they will get back to you asap. they always do for me whenever i have had a issue whether it be sales or tech support. i just had a similar problem and granted they didnt get back to me on sunday but monday morning i had a email with the corrected lic file.

well i sure hope so.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 04:23:55 PM »
alright well i logged into my element5 account to download the license file directly and its still invalid... and i still havent gotten a useful response from avast yet.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 04:36:02 PM »
What does the Subscription page show in your avast?
(namely the customer number)