Author Topic: resolved full scan  (Read 3311 times)

Relu

resolved full scan
« on: December 24, 2010, 07:10:25 AM »
Hello
deep scan: some files could not be scanned: E:|MASTER.LOG. Error:file is offline...
Solution?
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 12:52:36 AM by Relu »

CIXINGM

Re: full scan
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 10:07:16 AM »
 ???Does it mean the file do not exist or have been removed?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »
If you are using a "Create Custom Scan" I presume you checked the "All Packers" box. I did the same thing and had the same results. I have since learned these files are "password protected" by the software authors and/or archive files. As I learned these files are inert and can do no harm to your pc. Just leave the "All Packers" box unchecked and everything will be fine. Or just use the "Full System Scan".
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 04:28:35 AM »
To know for sure we'd probably have to know what drive E:\ on your machine is used for.

I suspect it's links (or similar) to offline storage, or an external drive that is not plugged in, or something like that.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 04:39:21 AM »
To know for sure we'd probably have to know what drive E:\ on your machine is used for.

I suspect it's links (or similar) to offline storage, or an external drive that is not plugged in, or something like that.
Nice catch. I failed to notice the "e:\.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

Relu

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 09:56:03 AM »
Hello
E: is recovery hard drive. I have hp pavilion dv7-2022tx and OS is windows 7 home premium. Security software is AIS.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 01:29:54 AM »
Hello
E: is recovery hard drive. I have hp pavilion dv7-2022tx and OS is windows 7 home premium. Security software is AIS.
Have you tried a "Removable Media Scan"? If that doesn't work I'm sure a tech or evang will take a peek.

Relu

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 09:14:42 AM »
I think I solved the problem. In full system scan I put E:\MASTER.LOG on Exclusions. I ran the full scan and the result was:No threats found.

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: full scan
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 11:04:03 AM »
Did you correct the problem so that when you run a full scan in the future, it will scan your machine properly now?

If you have no further questions and you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you. :)