Author Topic: am not happy about this  (Read 3054 times)

nsm0220

am not happy about this
« on: December 24, 2010, 08:34:22 AM »
why you guys keep missing a lot threats when i went malwaredomainlist to test g data out, your engine mostly fail the test(engine b). on the other side BitDefender (engine a) found all threats (excuse one because panda found it) can you fix this mess please beside i care about peoples pc security and their pc safely when use your anti virus that less likely to get a threat on their pc.       

Gargamel360

Re: am not happy about this
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »
why you guys keep missing a lot threats when i went malwaredomainlist to test g data out, your engine mostly fail the test(engine b). on the other side BitDefender (engine a) found all threats (excuse one because panda found it) can you fix this mess please beside i care about peoples pc security and their pc safely when use your anti virus that less likely to get a threat on their pc.       

Armchair PC security enthusiasts like yourself (I say this being one also, it takes one to know one), are not qualified to test AV software.  Now, I don't use Gdata (nothing against it or for it), but I am betting it is not using Avast! as a whole system? (Network, Web, and FileSys shields)

Running with that point (if it is correct), I would say any evaluation of Avast! via Gdata is irrelevant, just like any evaluation of Gdata without Avast! would also be irrelevant.

If you want to conduct real evaluations and research, use the scientific method, put in the hard time and work, then make a pdf and publicize it.  If your research is valid, you might net a scholarship to become a real malware expert, rather than another YouTube FUD spreader.

nsm0220

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 08:50:49 AM »

Armchair PC security enthusiasts like yourself (I say this being one also, it takes one to know one), are not qualified to test AV software.  Now, I don't use Gdata (nothing against it or for it), but I am betting it is not using Avast! as a whole system? (Network, Web, and FileSys shields)

Running with that point (if it is correct), I would say any evaluation of Avast! via Gdata is irrelevant, just like any evaluation of Gdata without Avast! would also be irrelevant.

If you want to conduct real evaluations and research, use the scientific method, put in the hard time and work, then make a pdf and publicize it.  If your research is valid, you might net a scholarship to become a real malware expert, rather than another YouTube FUD spreader.
it does uses avast for engine b and whats FUD  
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:53:37 AM by nsm0220 »

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 08:53:51 AM »

He knows that as do all of the rest of us who have been here for some time.

Read this again :

I would say any evaluation of Avast! via Gdata is irrelevant, just like any evaluation of Gdata without Avast! would also be irrelevant.

nsm0220

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 08:56:40 AM »
stay out this CharleyO and you are nothing but bad news
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:59:03 AM by nsm0220 »

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »

No

nsm0220

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 08:58:05 AM »
yes

nsm0220

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 09:00:57 AM »
i want Gargamel360 explain this not you CharleyO 

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 09:03:39 AM »
Dear nsm0220, thank you, feedback taken. Now it's time to close the thread. <g>
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.