Author Topic: Behavior shield causing mouse lag  (Read 24314 times)

Kinchan

Behavior shield causing mouse lag
« on: December 25, 2010, 06:33:40 AM »
I am two weeks into a free trial of the avast security suite.  Upon installing the program, I immediately had a problem with mouse lag.  This resolved within a few hours, once the program had finished its first scan.

In the past 3 days, the mouse lag has returned, and it has become absolutely intolerable.  Every 10 or 15 minutes, my mouse experiences extreme lag which all but disables the mouse.  This lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.  This makes using my computer frustrating at best, and impossible at worst.

Shutting off the behavior shield instantly fixed the problem, and my mouse now works perfectly again.  So the issue seems to be right there.

Is this a known problem that is going to be resolved?  Is it going to be resolved soon?  I am shopping for a new antivirus because my last one began to suffer from program bloat, and I want one that is lightweight and won't make my computer lag.  Until this issue started I was totally happy with avast and prepared to purchase it at the end of the trial period, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Information or help that will allow me to run the behavior shield without disabling my mouse would be appreciated.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Behavior shield causing mouse lag
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 06:39:47 AM »
Are you running the beta version of avast? some information about your system would also help, windows version, ram?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 06:46:13 AM by craigb »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 06:44:18 AM »
What was the last AV you used, and how was it removed?

(Basic troubleshooting, here, I don't necessarily have a specific answer for the behaviour shield issue.)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Kinchan

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 06:50:54 AM »
I am running a trial version of the security suite.  Version# is 5.0.677

My last antivirus was Zonealarm.  I was running an ancient version (released April 2009) because everything after that was huge and laggy.  I removed it via Zonealarm's special uninstall tool.

My computer has 2 Gig of RAM and runs Windows XP.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 07:05:44 AM »
I would try runing the tool for zone alarm again in safe mode, get from here http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/, once that is done reboot and do a clean with ccleaner.
I would also do a repair of avast though add remove program's, you should'nt have to turn of the BhS as it really doesn't do anything in version 5.0.677 anyway, you could check how many thing's you have starting up and running automatically on your system too, anything that is not needed on all the time is only a waste of resources (quicktime,skipe,printer's etc)
Also if you have windows defender you can disable or uninstall as it's not very good and also is a waste of resources.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 07:08:05 AM by craigb »

Kinchan

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 07:27:24 AM »
I attempted to run it again (cpes_clean.exe is the program I have) and it wouldn't start.  I assume this is because it couldn't find anything to clean out.

What are the default settings for CCleaner?  I changed it off the default list long ago and no longer remember what they are.

It's odd that you would say that the behavior shield doesn't do anything.  Why is it there, eating my mouse alive, if it isn't functioning?  And why shouldn't I just shut it off if it doesn't do anything?

I do not have Windows Defender on this computer.  The only things running in the background are programs that I know that I want, and programs that I don't recognize and therefore can't be sure are safe to shut down.  I don't have quicktime installed, nor any printers, nor skype.

CharleyO

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 07:40:31 AM »

Welcome to the forums, Kinchan   :)

While HJT is not good for much these days, I can use it to let you know what is running on your computer.
That way you will know what is running and all of us can decide the good and what does not need to be running.

So, it you want me to do that, run HJT but do not fix anything. Post the resulting log here in this thread.
Download HJT from the link below if you want this done.

http://filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/

This probably will not fix your problem but it might provide some clues.

Kinchan

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 07:52:27 AM »
Sure, why not?

Do you want me to paste the log directly into a reply?

CharleyO

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 08:14:39 AM »

yes, that will be fine.

Kinchan

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 08:21:37 AM »
Here you go then.  It was kind of interesting to look at the log.  I had no idea that I still have traces of Norton running.  I haven't used a Norton product in 4 years.

This exceeded the comment length so I had to break it apart.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 1:58:24 AM, on 12/25/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\afwServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\USISrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express My Scrapbook 2.0\calcheck.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mHotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse\point32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative ZEN\ZEN Media Explorer\CTCheck.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrUI.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic 7\SMSystemAnalyzer.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\avastUI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Nero\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe
C:\Program Files\Dynex Enhanced G USB Network Adapter\DynexWCUI.exe
C:\Winamp 2\winamp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\common\lib\ioloServiceManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Qualcomm\Eudora\Eudora.exe
C:\Program Files\IceChat5\IceChat5.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE
c:\program files\pandora\pandora.exe
C:\Installers\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.livejournal.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 133.1.16.172:3128
O2 - BHO: IE7Pro - {00011268-E188-40DF-A514-835FCD78B1BF} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.6.5805.1910\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll

Kinchan

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 08:22:08 AM »

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USIUDF_Eject_Monitor] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\USISrv.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ulead AutoDetector v2] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\Monitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ulead Photo Express Calendar Checker] "C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express My Scrapbook 2.0\calcheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] mHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office 11\Programs\QFSCHD110.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wltray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTCheck] C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative ZEN\ZEN Media Explorer\CTCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WD Drive Manager] C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMSystemAnalyzer] "C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic 7\SMSystemAnalyzer.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast5] "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\avastUI.exe" /nogui
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\Nero\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTSyncU.exe] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe"
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to winamp.lnk = C:\Winamp 2\winamp.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Dynex Wireless Networking Utility.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Google Sidewiki... - res://C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_950DF09FAB501E03.dll/cmsidewiki.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
O9 - Extra button: IE7Pro Grab and Drag - {000002a3-84fe-43f1-b958-f2c3ca804f1a} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IE7Pro Grab and Drag - {000002a3-84fe-43f1-b958-f2c3ca804f1a} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
O9 - Extra button: IE7Pro Preferences - {0026439F-A980-4f18-8C95-4F1CBBF9C1D8} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IE7Pro Preferences - {0026439F-A980-4f18-8C95-4F1CBBF9C1D8} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .UVR: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPUPano.dll
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1136728880656
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Firewall - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\afwServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iolo FileInfoList Service (ioloFileInfoList) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iolo\common\lib\ioloServiceManager.exe
O23 - Service: iolo System Service (ioloSystemService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iolo\common\lib\ioloServiceManager.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ThreatFire - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
O23 - Service: WD Drive Manager Service (WDBtnMgrSvc.exe) - WDC - C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe

--
End of file - 11030 bytes

CharleyO

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 09:02:11 AM »

Sorry this took so long. Analyzing wasn't long but some things needed researching.

Please wait for others to comment in some of these items. IMO, some do not need to be running but let's see what the others say.

There sure is a lot running and that might be part of the problem but probably not all of it.

Overview of running tasks :

smss.exe   
System process   
Session Manager Subsystem

csrss.exe   
System process   
Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem

csrss.exe   
System process   
CSRSS.Exe

winlogon.exe   
System process   
Microsoft Windows Logon Process

services.exe   
System process   
Windows Service Controller

services.exe   
System process   
Microsoft Windows Operating System

lsass.exe   
System process   
Local Security Authority Service

lsass.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   
Microsoft Service Host Process

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

wltrysvc.exe   
Application   
Broadcom Corporation Wireless Network Tray Applet

bcmwltry.exe   
Driver   
bcmwltry

aawservice.exe   
Anti Add/Spyware software   ( 2007? very out of date & the up-to-date version is not good )
Ad-Aware 2007 Service

afwServ.exe   
Virusscan   
avast! Antivirus

AvastSvc.exe   
Virusscan   
avast! Antivirus

Explorer.EXE   
System process   
Microsoft Windows Explorer

USISrv.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Ulead Systems Software Component

Monitor.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Scheduler for the Pagis scanning suite from Scansoft.

calcheck.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Calcheck

PDVDServ.exe   
Backgroundtask   
PowerDVD Remote Control

NVMixerTray.exe   
Driver   
NVIDIA NVMixerTray

mHotkey.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Chicony Multimedia Console

point32.exe   
Application   
Microsoft Intellimouse Monitor

wltray.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Tray Appl

CTCheck.exe   
Backgroundtask   
ZEN Media Explorer

RUNDLL32.EXE   
System process   
Microsoft Rundll32

WDBtnMgrUI.exe   
Backgroundtask   
WDBtnMgrUI.exe

SMSystemAnalyzer.exe   
Backgroundtask   
iolo System Mechanic

mm_tray.exe   
Application   
MusicMatch Jukebox.

jusched.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Sun Java Update Scheduler

avastUI.exe   
Virusscan   
avast! Antivirus

mssysmgr.exe   
Backgroundtask   
PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager

CTSyncU.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Synchroniser

DynexWCUI.exe   
Backgroundtask      ( a wireless device )
DynexWCUIi.exe

winamp.exe   
Application      ( Do you have WinAmp installed? If not, this could be malware. )
Nullsoft WinAmp

spoolsv.exe   
System process   
Microsoft Printer Spooler Service

spoolsv.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

CTsvcCDA.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Creative CD-ROM Services

ioloServiceManager.exe   
Backgroundtask   
ioloServiceManager.exe

jqs.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Java Quick Starter Service

mdm.exe   
Application   
Machine Debug Manager

nvsvc32.exe   
Application   
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

symlcsvc.exe   
Firewall   
Norton Internet Security Suite

TFService.exe   
Backgroundtask   
PC Tools ThreatFire Service

ULCDRSvr.exe   
Application   
Ulead DVD workshop Server

WDBtnMgrSvc.exe   
Backgroundtask             ( Western Digital external disk drive )
WDBtnMgrSvc.exe

alg.exe   
System process   
Application Layer Gateway Service

svchost.exe   
System process   

svchost.exe   
System process   

firefox.exe   
Application   
Mozilla Firefox

plugin-container.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Firefox

Eudora.exe   
Backgroundtask   
Eudora Mail Client

IceChat5.exe   
Unknown task      ( IceChat IRC Client )
Unknown task

WINWORD.EXE   
Application   
Microsoft Word

WINWORD.EXE   
System process   
WinWord

pandora.exe   
Unknown task   ( Do you use Pandora Music? If not, this could be malware. )
Unknown task

HijackThis.exe   
Application   
Merijn Hijackthis

wmiprvse.exe   
System process   
Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:11:52 AM by CharleyO »

Kinchan

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 09:14:50 AM »
Thank you very much!  I appreciate your help, truly.

Pandora.exe is the Pandora Radio desktop application.  It is not malware.

Kinchan

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 09:17:09 AM »
Oh, and I also do have Winamp, a mighty old version.  So that is not malware either.

CharleyO

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 09:19:55 AM »

Ok, that is good to know.

Let's see what others say about some of the other running services.

For now, I must go as I am very sleepy.

I will check back Saturday night.