Author Topic: New Avast scan modes  (Read 7109 times)

bilpo

Re: New Avast scan modes
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 11:45:38 AM »
i very much doubt that an extra scan mode would turn avast into a bloated pig after all it is only an on-demand scan (not an on-access scanner)

Well I would like to see the Antivirus do the Antivirus job....That is why I hate Kaspersky..It is bloated with too much junk that shouldn't be there and it creates tons of Temp folders that are full of junk you'd think they are made by a Trojan ..I downloaded and prefer the Avast over the Kaspersky that I paid for and gave it away because everything was all over my computer everywhere, made it a mess...All I wanted was good standalone protection...
    If Avast made a different seperate program for computer clean up, and fixing issues caused by services or plugins, and called it somethingdifferent...fine, but I'd rather have the Avast Team working on top virus "protection" and good reliable scans...Just my opinion
   cheers!!!!and safe surfing!!!
well since avast is deciding to include a password manager, onlinebackup, a vpn and some cloud based stuff in ais 7 then surely including a vulnerability scanner wouldn't hurt.

I agree with alot of people in that avast should NOT include a vunerability scanner if it in any way risks losing avast users. At the end of the day avast needs to keep its users happy. If a vulnerability scan would upset Joe and Jane then avast should not include vulnerability scanner. avast is what it is because of its users.