Author Topic: "Scan finished" is not always shown  (Read 2226 times)

EagleGhost

"Scan finished" is not always shown
« on: December 30, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »
When I run the modified scan made by me the "Scan finished" text is not always shown after the scan. Sometimes after the "finished voice" it just jump to the details of my scan without telling, that the scan is finished. Why this happens? Please note, that my translations of Avast's texts may not be right, because I use the Finnish version of Avast.

swarnava

Re: "Scan finished" is not always shown
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 06:19:49 PM »
which OS are you running & how much your memory?

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »

may be you should take a break, instead of trying to increase your post count with useless posts.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 06:52:45 PM »
So, I assume you don't have the option "Automatically open the Scan Results when scan is finished" checked on the first page of avast! settings?
What scan are you talking about - one of the predefined ones (Full system scan, ...), or the rightclick scan from Explorer... or a custom scan maybe? Is it always the same one, behaving differently?

EagleGhost

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »

I'm using 64bit Windows 7 and I have 4 GB of memory.
So, I assume you don't have the option "Automatically open the Scan Results when scan is finished" checked on the first page of avast! settings

Yes I didn't have that option selected. It's now selected.

What scan are you talking about - one of the predefined ones (Full system scan, ...), or the rightclick scan from Explorer... or a custom scan maybe? Is it always the same one, behaving differently?

It's a custom scan with most strict settings. It seems that the results might be shown two times sequentially (not in the same day, but example when I run the scan in the next day after the first one), but they are not shown another two times. I mean, that sometimes the results are shown and sometimes are not.