Author Topic: simple user interface query?  (Read 4075 times)

adam

simple user interface query?
« on: August 24, 2004, 08:55:50 PM »
hi there,

this might sound like a really stupid question, but when avast is first installed, and then run, the program also opens up with a simple user interface window, numbered 1 - 5 covering some useful topics. i have turned this off, how do i turn it back on. many thanks Adam   :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:simple user interface query?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 11:39:11 PM »
When you have the simple user interface open click on the menu and select 'Introductory Help' that displays it once only.

Check out this thread for lots of options you can set through the avast.ini file. Understanding avast4.ini file

You might mant to download RejZor's avast! External Control program this can do lots of these things without having to edit avast.ini.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 02:14:56 PM »
You can open the help from the program menu (the item is called "Introductory help").

I just checked and the automatic opening this help at the program startup has some problems (specifically, the checkbox "Don't show again" is always off, even when the help isn't automatically started). I've modified the behavior slighly... anyway, to enable the automatic opening of this help, open the help from the menu and check the box "Don't show again" :) - it will show again.

FOXYLADY

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 06:54:50 PM »
guess I need some good advice on how to download free services   mainly  repairs for windows 98  thanks
 :P

FOXYLADY

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 06:59:46 PM »
PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS????? ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 09:49:24 PM »
guess I need some good advice on how to download free services   mainly  repairs for windows 98  thanks
 :P

If I understand you correct, here: http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_cleaner.html
If not, please, rephrase, I can't understand you...  :-\
The best things in life are free.