Author Topic: Unable to connect to the avast engine  (Read 4289 times)

jordan69s

Unable to connect to the avast engine
« on: August 25, 2004, 12:11:36 AM »
Hello guys, I have windows XP PRO sp2 with office 2003.  I have cable internet and use outlook 2003 to get my e-mails from my web domain. I searched the forum with my problem and noticed that it is a regular error, to the extend that I just copied/ pasted the info bellow. I already check several things I read as possible solutions: I checked for the plug in to be "not" in the disable list, I replaced the ashoutxt.dll file with no luck... I am kind of out off ideas.... any new ideas out there?

Many thanks,

luis

"When I start Outlook 2003 I receive an error message --"Avast! Unable to connect to the avast engine. Avast Mail Protection can not be started" and then another message that states that a "ashoutxt.dll" could not be loaded or started. Is there a way that I can fix my Avast Anti-Virus or Outlook to stop these error message. Thanks" ??? ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Unable to connect to the avast engine
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 12:36:30 AM »
ahsoutxt.dll is a file from If Microsoft Outlook/Exchange Provider of avast.
You should remove and add again the Outlook provider in avast!:
Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! > Change option

Wellcome on board  ;)
The best things in life are free.

jordan69s

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 02:36:04 AM »
Thank you technical, it worked like a charm. Actually, right before you replied to my cry for help I was reading your terrific notes regarding the avast4.ini  Pretty impressive!!!

Thanks for your help,

luis :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 02:55:14 AM »
Thank you technical, it worked like a charm. Actually, right before you replied to my cry for help I was reading your terrific notes regarding the avast4.ini  Pretty impressive!!!
Thanks for your help,
luis :)

Thanks for your kindly words...
I'm here trying to help and, when I succeed, making friends  8)
The family is growing up  8)
The best things in life are free.