Author Topic: Windows 7 x64 (Home Premium) Bit Boot-time scanner.  (Read 8046 times)

krypteK

Windows 7 x64 (Home Premium) Bit Boot-time scanner.
« on: January 03, 2011, 12:44:30 AM »
First ever thread  :P
I was surprised when I woke up and was able to use the boot time scanner this morning! :D I get everything setup for the scan and hit the "Schedule New" Button, then the "Restart computer" button. Nothing happens, the computer boots up without any sign of avast boot-time scan, and I goto the boot-time scan options again and it still gives me the notification that it will boot-time scan on next restart. Help? Note: I;m going to turn off my computer, and re-boot it by the windows options and see if it helps.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Windows 7 x64 (Home Premium) Bit Boot-time scanner.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:47:55 AM »
Please wait for the following virus definitions update (not the next one in particular, but simply for the one after you've updated the program) - it should start working.

krypteK

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:51:08 AM »
Thats dude.
Also. I tried turning off, rebooting etc etc. nothing working. (Just letting you know.)
So when will we be expecting this update? Later today? Tomorrow?

Jdonz94

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:53:40 AM »
Alternatively, you could also go here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68564.0
Uninstall Avast, then reinstall FROM THE LINK ABOVE
These are the newer versions already, trying to update from within the program won't work. You need a clean install.
I had the same problem this morning, and after looking everywhere, this was the only solution.
Though the post above me is also accurate, you can just wait for new definitions. Or you can do this now.

MikeN92

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 12:59:11 AM »
@krypteK: I think it is best that you wait. Most likely @igor knows what he's saying.

krypteK

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 01:00:41 AM »
Cheers mate, so run the setup itself, it will have an uninstall option, then run it again and an installation option will be there?

krypteK

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 01:02:06 AM »
Double post :(
ohhkay, i'll wait then, igor looks to me like he works for avast! ? So he should know what he's talking about.

Jdonz94

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 01:14:35 AM »
ohhkay, i'll wait then, igor looks to me like he works for avast! ? So he should know what he's talking about.
I know that he knows what he is talking about, but another Avast employee set up the thread that distributes the updated software. It's not like I'm lying, I am just saying, I solved it that way and was able to run a boot time scan today, and if you want to do the same, then you can follow what I did. Or you can wait because I believe that they said the new definitions will be out sometime tomorrow.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 01:20:12 AM »
Well yes, full reinstall should fix the problem as well.
And yes, there certainly will be some virus definitions update tomorrow ;)

Jdonz94

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 01:21:05 AM »
Well yes, full reinstall should fix the problem as well.
And yes, there certainly will be some virus definitions update tomorrow ;)

Very good sir. :D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 01:22:13 AM »
Maybe even Repair from Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs / avast! Antivirus could work... but I didn't try that, so I'm not really sure.

krypteK

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 01:23:56 AM »
Alright then, I'll re-install in now then :] can anyone confirm that this works with x64 bit?

krypteK

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 01:25:40 AM »
I know that he knows what he is talking about, but another Avast employee set up the thread that distributes the updated software. It's not like I'm lying, I am just saying, I solved it that way and was able to run a boot time scan today, and if you want to do the same, then you can follow what I did. Or you can wait because I believe that they said the new definitions will be out sometime tomorrow.
I was just saying dude that I would follow mr avasts advice, I wasn't having a crack at you.

Jdonz94

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 02:32:35 AM »
I was just saying dude that I would follow mr avasts advice, I wasn't having a crack at you.
I know sir, all is well :D

rollerotr

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »
Still boot scan does not work in win7-64bit after program update (paid version) and definitions update.  What's up?