Author Topic: INTRODUCING: New avast program update 5.1.864  (Read 129453 times)

Hexo

Re: INTRODUCING: New avast program update 5.1.864
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2011, 08:05:05 PM »
Why does my Behavioral shield not works?
I try several time a reinstall (with this Instructions http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility) without any effect.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2011, 08:08:42 PM »
Tech, fire up a scan in avast GUI and then just close the GUI(without stopping the scan of course)... ;)
Thanks. Living and learning. I just run very few on demand scannings (if any). Some quick scannings scheduled (just to use the features :)).
The best things in life are free.

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »
How many mail*.log files do you have there, and how big are they?

there was like 90 mail files each 4.5MB size so around 400MB

the point why i find it negatively interesting was the ultra slow scanning speed
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
Hi ;)

Thank you for AIS 5.1.864.

PS:Is this Avast demand pop up scanner available only for x64?

Have a nice day. Lep dan. :)

that's cool! this is scheduled scanner? and it is availible in free version?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:31:58 PM by danny96 »
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

gbe90

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2011, 09:22:01 PM »
thank  ;D  Behavioral shield alert!!!  ???

Nesivos

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2011, 09:57:42 PM »
I did the update from 5.0.667 to 5.1.864 using the GUI

So far so good except for a critical Windows error on both W7 HP x32 and W7 HP x+64 when I run this one non-critical utility program.  I will look further into it in the future.  The program is temp files cleaner by oldtools.   The program does a deep cleaning of temp. files that other programs like CCC don't do.    However it stops all running processes in order to do this cleaning which I am initially thinking where the conflict may be coming from.  I was not getting this error with 5.0677.

I will try running it with AIS self-defense tool not enabled and see what happens.

Also I have added maybe one or two other programs since list running the TFC tool so the conflict could be coming from one of those programs.

I did not apply any W7 updates since I last ran TFC with 5.0677 so I don't think that it is a W7 conflict.

However everything else appears to be working okay though I have not done a thorough evaluation as of yet.

TheDevian

« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2011, 11:57:10 PM »
I did the manual update, to this new version and once again it still tells me I do not have enough user rights to update the program. it won't even try, it stopped before it even tried to access the internet. I am logged in as the administrator, I am the only user on the system. the only way to get a more administrator-y account is to go into safe mode and you can't do squat in safe mode anymore. It will let me update the definitions, but not the program. Updating the program should be something any account should be able to do anyway... This needs to be fixed.
(I would also like to not see that annoying YIELD! sign on my Icon just because I want to check for updates manually and not let it do it 6 times a day while I am trying to do other things. Or at least let us tell it when to do the check! I don't need all this pinging and I don't need 50 updates a week. once a week is more than enough.)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2011, 12:17:31 AM »
TheDevian, configure avast Settings > Status Bar.
Also, you can make an installation from scratch.
The best things in life are free.

TheDevian

« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2011, 01:03:34 AM »
TheDevian, configure avast Settings > Status Bar.
Also, you can make an installation from scratch.
ty, unfortunately that made no change to my situation, maybe after another reboot. But it still will not let me do an update, unless I download it manually and that really is the issue, the other is just an annoyance and makes many of the features useless.

burleymr07

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2011, 01:05:58 AM »
thanks avast team for 5.1! it has been working great since i have upgraded from 5.0 to 5.1. i am really looking forward to future builds of 5.1 and even 6.0 :)

the main reason why i would like to thank the avast team is because in 5.0 i noticed a major slow down in browsing the web in firefox (even freezing and hangs occured) but those problems have been erased in 5.1. there is no performance degrade in 5.1 over 5.0. this is the best version yet! thanks again!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:11:01 AM by burleymr07 »

cadremis

« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2011, 02:05:29 AM »
I can now confirm that after re-installing WinPatrol Free and re-starting the computer, WinPatrol is gone again...

This happened in 2 Windows vista Ultmate computers with servicepack II ...rm

I just want to say that this problem was solved installing Avast 5.1.864 from scratch

nord

« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2011, 02:17:39 AM »

Last but not least, Happy New Year 2011 everyone!
Now, let the party begin! ;)

Thanks
Vlk

Vik,

Thanks very much for an excellent program and for a very smootly run beta routine with lots of feedback here and excellent info being available.

Just wanted to say it went well on my XP PRO SP3 Thinkpad T40. I had Outpost 2009 free firewall and Avast 4.8 running. After a complete uninstall with Revo Uninstaller, I started over with Avast 5.1, followed by Outpost Security Suite Free. Worked great. Outpost recognized Avast 5.1 and smartly did not then install its own anti-virus module.

All is working well. Process Explorer shows CPU and memory usage to be the small footprint I've grown to expect from both Avast and Outpost.

Am extremely impressed with this release and much thanks to you personally and to the developers.

Happy New Year to all!

:)

zfactor

« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2011, 04:09:37 AM »
the lic bug where you insert the file during install is still there. confirmed on three different systems they all said avast was expired after a short time and i had to re-insert the lic key from within avast (this time it did NOT crash the gui though) and it seems okay after this. so not sure but it happened on three different systems, one win7 x86 and 2 win 7 x64 all running ais

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2011, 04:10:58 AM »
I like the new features that was added like popup timer. :)

EDIT: I have Noticed that my web browser speed is faster at loading websites. In 5.0 it seemed a little slow. but than it is fast! Thanks for an Awesome Antivirus Avast! :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:24:07 AM by Coolmario88cp »
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

GeekTechSolutions

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2011, 04:18:46 AM »
Hi there,

Congrats on the final version of Avast 5.1. Sadly, the web shield bug it is still present. I am using Firefox 4 beta 8 and when the web shield is activated there is very noticeable slow down in web browsing. All settings are default and this is a new clean install, no upgrade. Previous AV was MSE 2 final, which unfortunately it is performing good but VERY CPU intensive and still has the bugs from the beta version. So, I moved away from it to Avast. I would appreciate if you can help me with my issues. Thanks in advance, Ivan K.