Author Topic: [Resolved] Found Something Bad  (Read 7664 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Found Something Bad
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 06:22:28 PM »
Thanks to all. Once again I learned something new. You guys rock!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

pinseeker1964

Re: [Resolved] Found Something Bad
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 11:48:56 PM »
I too had a full scan report this as a high risk item.  This file has been on the PC since 2/2007 according to the properties information.  When I tried to move it to the chest, I get this message:  Error:  Access is denied(5).  This is on an Acer laptop, and I purchased it 12/2006.  Is it possible this is an Acer API?  There is one that runs every time the computer is booted.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 11:53:15 PM »
I too had a full scan report this as a high risk item.  This file has been on the PC since 2/2007 according to the properties information.  When I tried to move it to the chest, I get this message:  Error:  Access is denied(5).  This is on an Acer laptop, and I purchased it 12/2006.  Is it possible this is an Acer API?  There is one that runs every time the computer is booted.

probably it's a false positive. what's the file name?

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

De Hollander

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 11:34:16 AM »
Is Acer eDataSecurity Management on that acer laptop.

I reported the same file :  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68836.0

I'm not using Acer eDataSecurity Management (disabled) on this particular acer laptop.  And I din't get the message:  Error:  Access is denied(5) when  moving the file to the chest.