Author Topic: How can I get AVast to give me INFO after a SCAN.. plz help  (Read 4782 times)

sinashgh

Okay.. now this is a small thing.. but i notice everytime.. i right-click on an object that i'd like to scan to make sure it doesnt have viruses.. i do this and choose SCAN.. from avast..

then a new avast window opens up as im sure ur all familiar and checks the file and then EXits.. too quickly.. before saying.. nething like "File didnt contain virus.. or virus found.. or checked files 20.. infected 0"

It jsu doestnt say nething.. after its done scanning.. it exits.. i want to know if there is an option that i can enable so it stays on the screen after a scan. although i think i've already tried checking and unchecking all the ticks in the options.. any help wuld be appreciated!!

jdong

Re:How can I get AVast to give me INFO after a SCAN.. plz help
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 03:27:37 AM »
The current Avast QuickScanner isn't the fanciest thing around... Use it to do a quick check; use the Manual / Interactive scanner for heavy-duty checking.

Not too off topic: The quick scanner stops scanning after THE FIRST INFECTION, even if there are more infected files... so if the quick scanner finds one virus, it's best to scan with the Manual scanner again!

sinashgh

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 04:24:18 AM »
yeh i notice.. if i go to Avast 4 myself and choose a folder.. to scan.. when its done.. it gives me a good report card.. of what was tested and what was infected!

but when i right click on choose scan selected areas.. it jus scans and then exits without telling u ok its SAFe.. or it has virus!

But im assuming when it doesnt say anything and just exists.. there is no virus right?

PLus they really doo need to add an option to it so u can have the results stay on screen if u want!

jdong

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 04:28:01 AM »
If nothing's shown, then it means everything's clean, yes :)

Note that the scanner inside Avast4 is different than the scanner invoked from Explorer's right-click menu (aka Quick Scanner).

Yes, they do need to get a better Quick-Scanner. I certainly hope they do that in the next version.

sinashgh

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 05:19:54 AM »
yup.. the quick scanner needs to be updated and finish the scan with a result page! me thinks ;D

techie101

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 06:58:51 AM »
I also feel that your comments regarding the effectiveness and reportablility of the Quick Scanner have merit.

I would ask that you go to the top thread on the Avast 4 forum page and add your suggestion to the Wishlist.....just in case it isnt in there already.

Thanks. :D