Author Topic: Just updated to 5.1, now browsers crash on exit when sandboxed  (Read 2302 times)

DigiDis

Just updated to 5.1, now browsers crash on exit when sandboxed
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
Just updated. If I open Firefox 3.6.10 or Google Chrome 8 in the sandbox after closing either I get the error message that each has stopped working and do I want to close the program. The program was already closed and only the error message remains. Never happened before. Tried restarting again after the update asked to restart. Didn't work. Win 7 Pro 64bit, both Firefox 3.6.10 and Chrome sandboxed.

Any insights?

DigiDis

Re: Just updated to 5.1, now browsers crash on exit when sandboxed
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:48:19 AM »
I played around with this a little. First I updated Firefox to 3.6.13 and the problem still continues. Then I stopped Avast from sandboxing both Firefox and Chrome and then opened both with Sandboxie. Both closed without any error messages afterwards. I can use Sandboxie again to sandbox Firefox but I prefer the sandbox in Avast for its ease of use.

The sandbox in AIS is the killer ap of the whole suite and the main reason to get the suite or the Pro version. We have to get this to work!

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:19:53 AM »
When you get error msg during closing, don't click OK, but run Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) instead. Go to Processes tab, find firefox.exe, right-click and select "Create Dump File", compress this file and upload it on our ftp server (instructions are here: http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=18). Thanks.

DigiDis

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:23:01 PM »
OK, uploaded a zip called browser_crash. It contains the dump files from both Firefox and Chrome. Let me know if there are any problems with the dumps.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »
OK same prob here... Uploading the dump files on your ftp. Filename IE9DumpFile.7z