Author Topic: animated gif's avitars  (Read 9967 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:animated gif's avitars
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2004, 12:26:51 AM »
Well, much more important is to have your antivirus up-to-date than to be able to see some animated gifs anyway... waiting few days to update antivirus program, even if new update is already out, is not the cleverest thing to do...

Second of all, I'm hundred percent sure, that has nothing to do with avast!. On my wife's computer, I'm testing another antivirus product, never had avast! installed on that system, and having same problem, but only when I use Mozilla. Sometimes, animated gifs just look frozen. IE never gave me any troubles with animated gifs...

Cheers !

P.S. You better update your avast! virus definitions... best advice.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 12:28:49 AM by Craftec »

backslide420

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2004, 12:31:52 AM »
Well I also did notice a slow down in system speed aswell. It wasn't just the gif's... after the sys restore everything is good.

neal62

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2004, 12:35:02 AM »
backslide420,

What was mentioned before about using Mozilla and the gifs not moving is true. I use it and also when I use Opera sometimes the animated gifs don't move. Could be mainly just a difference of browsers. :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2004, 12:37:30 AM »
OK, then best thing is to wait for Alwil guys response... but again, I'm pretty sure avast! (or latest update) has nothing to do with not showing animated gifs, 'cause otherwise, we all would experience same problems...

P.S. No slowing down here after latest virus definitions update. With SP2 installed, everything works even better than ever...

Cheers !