Author Topic: [resolved]avast and game guard?  (Read 18659 times)

gblu

[resolved]avast and game guard?
« on: January 01, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »
i tried to play online game Lineage2, and my avast is fully updated. suddenly, the game freeze at the splash, and then the game started, but the avast service is stop. and then, restart again.

Lineage2 use gameguard program, i also added Lineage2 folder in exclusion, but no luck.

i also add screenshot

any help?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:31:15 PM by gblu »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: avast and game guard?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »
It would be good if you could send us the corresponding dump files. These are generally pointed to by when you click the Technical Information link in that dialog whose screenshot you posted in your message.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

gblu

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 05:45:39 PM »
i clicked the Technical Information, and gives me this :

but i cant find the file

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »
The files should be where the window says, i.e. in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\WER83fc.dir00
(Though I'm not sure if they are there permanently, or only as temporary copies only when this window is being open/shown - in which case the numbers at the end might be changing.)

gblu

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »
aha. i found the file. is in temp folder. i'll send the file to you now.

zip folder, named : WER2785.dir00.zip

edit : previous folder was gone, so i tried to regenerate it again. the number changed from earlier screenshot
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:14:50 PM by gblu »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »
Yeah, that's what I meant... it's probably kept there only while you have that window open, and the folder is named randomly.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 06:34:11 PM »
Once you close the window, the directory will be deleted. So it's best to archive the files while the dialog is still on the screen.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

gblu

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 06:36:28 PM »
@igor and vlk : yep. i copy the file while the window still opened.

did you get the zip folder? i have sent it via ftp://ftp.asw.cz/incoming

Tenko

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 07:21:43 PM »
You have two AV's with realtime protection/scanner active you could say... and that is not recommended; it can cause problems. I assume that gameguard starts when you want to play a online game such as Flyff or Rappelz. try to see if you can add gameguard in exlusions in avast or disable gameguard.

Regards,
              Tenko

gblu

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »
Lineage2 use gameguard. at some antivirus, it caused trouble. In previous version of Avast! was good with that.

i cant disable gameguard (dont know how to do that, and AFAIK the game wouldn't start if i disable the gameguard) and i have added exlusion in avast, but still no luck.

Tenko

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 11:16:16 PM »
I recommend you to ask the game developers how to solve this problem. the alternative solution is to deactive Avast while playing. You should also suggest the developer to have an alternative solution when a player has for instance Avast or any other AV; people don't use gameguard as their primary AV and try to contact nprotect and see what they say.

Regards,
              Tenko

gblu

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »
@Tenko : yes, thanks for your kindly advice. after i posted in avast! forum and tell the team about this stuff, i also told the game team about this problem. because this only happen right after the new version of avast! out.

but i don't feel safe if i disable avast! shields. maybe for this time, i shall wait for the response from avast team or game team.

Tenko

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
I recommend you to uninstall 5.1 and go back to avast 5.0.677; the newest version of avast seems to be buggy and should go back to beta version. Comodo's Time Machine, for instance, was release to early and was forced to go back into beta test.

I wish you happy gaming.

Regards,
               Tenko

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:16 PM »
I recommend you to uninstall 5.1 and go back to avast 5.0.677; the newest version of avast seems to be buggy and should go back to beta version. Comodo's Time Machine, for instance, was release to early and was forced to go back into beta test.

I wish you happy gaming.

Regards,
               Tenko
Tenko,
I suggest that you allow Avast (Vlk) to continue to resolve this conflict. It's far better to resolve then to simply revert back to an older version.
There are many new advantages for all users in version 5.1 and I personally am very happy with the latest build.
It's also not a good idea to disable any shields since this leaves your system exposed.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Hermite15

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »

I wish you happy gaming.

Regards,
               Tenko
Tenko,
I suggest that you allow Avast (Vlk) to continue to resolve this conflict. It's far better to resolve then to simply revert back to an older version.
There are many new advantages for all users in version 5.1 and I personally am very happy with the latest build.
It's also not a good idea to disable any shields since this leaves your system exposed.

+1 ... and I'd advise tenko to stop posting bs on the forums, I already requested a ban.