Author Topic: [resolved]avast and game guard?  (Read 18661 times)

Tenko

Re: avast and game guard?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »
OFF TOPIC

Just to inform you two, that would be Bob and Logos, the only reason why I recommend members here to downgrade is becasue Avast 5.0.677 is stable and doesn't cause the problem that newest avast does.

Do you think I would use the newest version? Think again.

I have read something interesting at comodo forums. Comodo Time Machine was forced to back in beta state ... you know why?... because the so called stable release was to buggy which caused problem and had therefore to got back in beta state and of what I see the latest version of avast gives problems that the previous version didn't give.

I will allow Vlk to do his work but people computer shouldn't be affect because the newest version was released too early.

Bob... this memeber, gblu that would be, has problem and I gave a solution and as you might have seen disabling avast's realtime is not my first tip.

Logos... I don't talk bs and I have not reason; I find avast good and well programmed AV but I will recommend people to go back to a version that is stable and doesn't give problems.

Take care and have nice day!

Regards,
               Tenko

Hermite15

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 07:40:55 PM »
I wouldn't wish you a nice day tbh, and you are definitely trolling and posting useless crap. Go see your dad and whine there, he's waiting for you on Comodo forums.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 07:45:54 PM »
Please Guys, no fighting.
I've seen enough of that on another forum for simply not agreeing with their policies.  :'(
Thanks
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

vecchio

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 07:46:44 PM »
I recommend you to uninstall 5.1 and go back to avast 5.0.677; the newest version of avast seems to be buggy and should go back to beta version. Comodo's Time Machine, for instance, was release to early and was forced to go back into beta test.

I wish you happy gaming.

Regards,
               Tenko
Tenko,
I suggest that you allow Avast (Vlk) to continue to resolve this conflict. It's far better to resolve then to simply revert back to an older version.
There are many new advantages for all users in version 5.1 and I personally am very happy with the latest build.
It's also not a good idea to disable any shields since this leaves your system exposed.
Yes+1

Tenko

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
I wouldn't wish you a nice day tbh, and you are definitely trolling and posting useless crap. Go see your dad and whine there, he's waiting for you on Comodo forums.

I am in the comodo forums but I have never spoken bad about avast and I don't troll! In matter of fact, I would in courage people to use avast in case they have problem with comodo anitivirus. If I recommend AV as a stand-alone AV then it's avast.

Compared to other people I respect other people chooses but if I am asked what I recommend then I will recommend, regardsless to the forum policy, what I think is recommendable.

and logos. I came here to warn people, so that can warn their friends, of a fake av.

I wish you a nice day.

Regards,
              Tenko

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 07:52:31 PM »
@Tenko: I don't know if you've noticed but one of the avast! team is allready responding to this thread, what you are doing is confusing the OP, that's all you are doing. This bug needs to be reported and fixed, certainly not avoided. Get it ?

EDIT: There are actually 2 avast! team members posting in this thread.

Tenko

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 07:55:58 PM »
@Tenko: I don't know if you've noticed but one of the avast! team is allready responding to this thread, what you are doing is confusing the OP, that's all you are doing. This bug needs to be reported and fixed, certainly not avoided. Get it ?

I have seen that Vlk has given a response and I am sorry if I confused the OP.

Could you give me the bug report so that I can past it in the future?

Take care and have nice day

Regards,
               Tenko

Hermite15

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 07:59:07 PM »
+1 (to darth.mikey's post) noone here needs any tenko warnings ;D especially when the advice is to revert to an old version of the software and avoid facing the problems. I hate "dodgers"....edit: and trolls.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:01:04 PM by Logos »

Tenko

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 08:06:50 PM »
so you would stay with a buggy version? people should only go to the previous version if the newest is causing problems.

I don't come here and say: Avast is the worst thing. download comodo internet security

I don't give warning but suggestions.

Regards,
              Tenko

vecchio

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »
The avast team have done a good work in 5.1
As you can see on my sig. i have used avast(firstlly free -now paid ais) since 4.1.418
And all this time i waited for boottime scan for x64
And now it works

Yes i wish to tank vlk and all the forum users for the patience you have with my isues since beta versions
Thanks u al

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »
For me it is quite clear that this is a conflict with the new anti-rootkit module and Gameguard. Why you ask ? Well basically gameguard is an anti-cheating rootkit. Yes it is basically a ROOTKIT. Also i am not sure reverting to 5.0 would fix it since the anti-rootkit module get's updated via vps updates, at least that is what the avast! team have said.

EDIT: I could be wrong of course in what i wrote above but it is my best guess and it makes sense if you ask me... Like i said this GameGuard software basically is a rootkit . A legit rootkit but still a rootkit.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:44:47 PM by Darth.Mikey »

vecchio

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
so you would stay with a buggy version?
Tenko, to me this version DONT have bugs
Please note, avast and any others milions of programs are used in milions of differents comp
So please dont blame avast for a problem which maybe have been caused by ANOTHER softeares
Have a nice,very nice,day

Tenko

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
just be clear... I haven't said that avast and it's developers doesn't do a good job because they do. And I have no reason to troll!

for some it is buggy or i am wrong

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
             Tenko

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 08:20:26 PM »
so you would stay with a buggy version? people should only go to the previous version if the newest is causing problems.

I don't come here and say: Avast is the worst thing. download comodo internet security

I don't give warning but suggestions.

Regards,
              Tenko
Tenko the newest release is quite good with very few little bug's so i regard this as an excellent release so your advice to the op to revert to previous version is not warranted, plus to jump in and start giving your opinion (suggestion's) when you can see that two avast mod's are looking into the problem is down right rude.
I totally agree with Logos and Darth.Mikey

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 08:47:25 PM »
<snip>

Just how do you think that these issues are resolved, the developers aren't clairvoyant. They need information and backing off and going back to the 5.0 version doesn't achieve that.

The beta trial was for almost a month and al lot more of pre=beta testing before the beta trial, now with the best will in the world they aren't going to be able to replicate every users particular OS, security software (firewall, anti-spyware, etc.) and other hardware and software. The user permutations are immense, that is why a widespread public beta is advisable.

As was seen many issues were found and dealt with in the beta trial, you only have to look at the beta sub-forum to see that. In fact there were many baying for the beta to go live much earlier, yet it didn't.

The fact that we are seeing some other issues, based on the widespread differing user permutations because of the massively increased numbers having update, isn't to be totally unexpected and not something that you can entirely cater for.

You only have to go back to when avast 5.0 came out of beta and was released and you will see a corresponding increase in volume of forum posts, some not too dissimilar to these requiring a clean reinstall as opposed to an update from the UI. Those other issues were promptly resolved, but generally because people stuck with it, reported the issues and uploaded the requested information.

So do I think the final version was released too soon, no I don't believe so, as sure as eggs are eggs as soon as you release the final version the volume of users with widely varying systems are going to throw up some unforeseen issues.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security