Author Topic: [resolved]avast and game guard?  (Read 18662 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: avast and game guard?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 10:40:12 PM »
This is a simple issue to solve, and of course, it will be done soon. BTW I wouldn't even consider it as a real "bug" in the new avast, given the hacks GameGuard is doing to prevent other apps from sniffin' around...

It's basically a mutual conflict. And we know how to solve it, I think.

BTW doesn't simply stopping the Behavior Shield resolve the issue in this case?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

rain04

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
this version is sucks!!

I love avast but this vr disappoint me.

But im still hoping that avast team will fix this issue as soon as possible.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »
this version is sucks!!

rain04, that's not very helpful...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

rain04

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 10:31:48 AM »
this version is sucks!!

if avast team can't fix it many internet cafe shift to other anti virus for sure bcoz i read in many forum and ask the lots of owner if they use avast and they reply yes they used. Thats why i choose this AV.

But as of now i will downgrade again to Avast! Free Antivirus 5.0.677 and tell my friend to don't upgrade this latest version.

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »
I visit avast forum about every twice a week.

I think Avast Team release the new build very early or lets called it not yet stable.

Its like were testing a beta release. :'(
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 04:05:38 PM »
this version is sucks!!

if avast team can't fix it many internet cafe shift to other anti virus for sure bcoz i read in many forum and ask the lots of owner if they use avast and they reply yes they used. Thats why i choose this AV.

But as of now i will downgrade again to Avast! Free Antivirus 5.0.677 and tell my friend to don't upgrade this latest version.

That's great come shouting the odds, only to find you are using the free version of avast in an Internet Cafe, this is against the terms and conditions of the free product license, for home, non-commercial use.

You should be using the avast Pro version as a business not taking revenue away from Avast whom you want to resolve this to help your business, great.

Did you not read Vlk's post Reply #30 at the top of this page, I guess not, Game Guard is essentially a rootkit and is being picked up by the behaviour shield (which one of its functions is looking for rootkits).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

gblu

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »
This is a simple issue to solve, and of course, it will be done soon. BTW I wouldn't even consider it as a real "bug" in the new avast, given the hacks GameGuard is doing to prevent other apps from sniffin' around...

Thanks
Vlk

i haven't tried to disable Behavior Shield (i don't think about that) i'll give it a try, and post the result ASAP. finger crossed

edit

disable behavior shield, still no luck, still get the same problem. i will send you the dump file in zip folder with name : avast_gameguard

and i simply don't know if gameguard is a rootkit, i think it's just a anti-hacking program. (it was bundled with the game, with no option to not download it)

but thanks for the attention even though this is not a big trouble,  i'm really appreciate that.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:23:59 PM by gblu »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 04:20:30 PM »
I visit avast forum about every twice a week.
I think Avast Team release the new build very early or lets called it not yet stable.
Its like were testing a beta release. :'(

As you can see from my signature I use XP Pro SP3 and have zero problems with this release build and unlike you I took part in the almost month long beta trial. During that month I had one or two minor issues and nothing to do with stability.

Do I think it was released too soon, absolutely not, with the 130 million plus users there are going to be massive variations in operating system, hardware, security and other software, too many to possibly test for all.

That is why there was a public beta trial to go beyond the in house alpha and pre-beta testing, before opening it up to those different permutations. This revealed problems that were resolved. The problem being for any regular release of what is essentially a big upgrade it opens it up for the multitude of different systems/permutations.

Now we are seeing that spike in the forum traffic and that was no different from when avast 5.0 was released, but they were also quickly resolved and I honestly don't see this being any different.

You can't wait forever to release after a beta trial as with the best will in the world you aren't going to be able to test for all permutations (ask Microsoft ;D).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

viper17

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
The same thing happens to me when I upgraded (via automatic update) to the new version. Avast service would stop once gameguard loads. I uninstalled 5.1.864 version, downloaded the new installer and the problem became worst. My game would not start anymore so I reverted back to 5.0677 and haven't experienced any problems since. BTW I'm playing Cabal Online (PH). Hope this gets fixed soon. More power Avast team!

stewpot

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 05:19:01 PM »

Thanks
Vlk

I had to uninstall the behaviour shield to fix the problem.

gblu

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »
the newest build fixed the problem :D  can play my lineage2 again

thanks for the team