Author Topic: Has anybody tried the latest EASEUS Todo Backup Home v2.0 Free  (Read 26414 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
Has anybody tried the latest EASEUS Todo Backup Home v2.0 Free
« on: January 02, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »
G'day ;D

Has anybody tried the latest EASEUS Todo Backup Home v2.0 Free http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/ and has anybody been experiencing problem and glitch with this latest version because I'm thinking of giving up Acronis True Image, because it getting a bit difficult for me to keep up with the budget cost as I'm currently using Acronis True Image v10.0.0.4942.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Hard_ROCKER

Re: Has anybody tried the latest EASEUS Todo Backup Home v2.0 Free
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 11:26:29 AM »
Wow they added incremental backup option with the free version. Scheduling is also there which is another plus for a freebie. It's worth giving it a try i would say. Infact i'll test the program and i'll report back... ;) I also have an older Acronis version and i just don't feel like paying for a new version every time, especially with all these nice freebie backup programs that have come out in the last few years. I'm thinking of putting Acronis on my old XP machine and use one of these excellent freebies on my main rig. Thanks for the heads up on this one Speedy. :)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
Hmm, interesting one...  :)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »
Wow they added incremental backup option with the free version. Scheduling is also there which is another plus for a freebie. It's worth giving it a try i would say. Infact i'll test the program and i'll report back... ;) I also have an older Acronis version and i just don't feel like paying for a new version every time, especially with all these nice freebie backup programs that have come out in the last few years. I'm thinking of putting Acronis on my old XP machine and use one of these excellent freebies on my main rig. Thanks for the heads up on this one Speedy. :)

No worried Darth Mikey we should thank to the user name RNfromTN who posted this on the UPDATES sections http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=9671.msg576267#msg576267 and beside this software looks very promising to achieve this goal as an excellence free software, and I'm not brave enough to tried it we have to be very careful sometimes free software don't always work :-\

I'm looking forward to see your complete review about this Darth Mikey ;) ;D

Edit:- Also EASEUS has a support forum website if you have any further question or problems http://forum.easeus.com/  ;) ;D 8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:47:49 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »
Okay seems like a very nice program, very clean and simple GUI and it appears to be working just fine. Made a 17GB image file from my system partition which has 28GB of data on it, not bad at all(normal compression level). It took 8 minutes to do a full system partition backup which is approximately the same as with Acronis TI.

Please note that the program does support incremental backups but ONLY with file backups and not with system images. Scheduler works fine. Also note that the program supports sector by sector backups.

Have to try a restore now and i will report back...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:33:27 PM by Darth.Mikey »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Okay checked their forum and apparently they are still developing the incremental update feature for partition backup so we can expect that in one of the next versions, that is if they can get it right of course. ;D

About the restore option, i wasn't brave enough to go through with it. Why ? After i selected which HDD i wanted to restore the image to, i was presented with a screen that shows how the layout of the HDD would look like after the restore. Problem is i have multiple partitions on that HDD and the screen was only showing the system partition and the rest of the space on the HDD was marked as UNUSED. UNUSED ??! Are you freakin kidding me ? I have 500GB+ of data there for Christ's Sake !!!  ::) So i am really not sure if that means it is gonna get rid of those other partitions and ruin my HDD layout. Have to ask on their forum i guess.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:34:52 PM by Darth.Mikey »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 04:05:27 PM »
Problem is i have multiple partitions on that HDD and the screen was only showing the system partition and the rest of the space on the HDD was marked as UNUSED. UNUSED ??! Are you freakin kidding me ? I have 500GB+ of data there for Christ's Sake !!!  ::) So i am really not sure if that means it is gonna get rid of those other partitions and ruin my HDD layout. Have to ask on their forum i guess.

Good luck Darth Mikey let hope you get an answer about this issue this looks freakin scary :o

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 06:12:43 PM »
I'm looking for a program that make full disk (all partitions) backup (not image).
All that I've found need to delete all partitions in the destination driver. But it's my backup driver, I just want do to do a disk copy, not delete all the destination driver. I can make partition by partition, but I was looking for one that make full disk or, at least, save the operations into a task.
Do you know any?
The best things in life are free.

Hermite15

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »
 ??? no.

edit: may be copy/paste ???  ;D (it's made by Microsoft)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:19:03 PM by Logos »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:25:19 PM »
@Speedy: I am waiting for a reply in their forum. I will let you guys now when i get an answer.

@Tech: I am not sure i am following you... This program can backup your entire HDD not only the partitions if that is what you mean. It has sector by sector function aswell so you can make an exact clone of your hdd.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 06:31:25 PM »
@Tech: I am not sure i am following you... This program can backup your entire HDD not only the partitions if that is what you mean. It has sector by sector function aswell so you can make an exact clone of your hdd.
I saw that in the screenshots.
But does it delete the destination drive (partitions) before making a backup of the source disk? (like Easeus Partition Master Home Edition and Wondershare Disk Manager, for instance).

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 06:41:58 PM »
@Tech: What you are saying doesn't make any sense to me. How could you make a backup of the data if it gets deleted BEFORE ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 06:47:21 PM »
@Tech: What you are saying doesn't make any sense to me. How could you make a backup of the data if it gets deleted BEFORE ???
My poor English...
I have a notebook with 250Gb of disk on 6 partitions.
I have an USB drive of 640Gb for backup.
So, I want to separate 250Gb of the second one and make a full backup of my notebook disk.
Problem, when I do that, all the other partitions in the backup drive are deleted, i.e., the programs delete all the partitions on the 640Gb drive to copy only 250Gb, letting the other space as non-partitioned. Of course, the other 390Gb is used with other backups, videos, etc.
Got it?

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »
OK got it.  ;D If you read my replies above you will see that i have the exact same concern. I don't want my other partitions that are on the destination HDD to get deleted. That is why i didn't go through with the restore. I made a post on EASUS forum asking them just that. Waiting for a reply... BTW Acronis and Ghost(which i used in the past) were both able to simply restore that single partition, they left the rest of them well alone. Which is what i would expect from a backup program, if it simply restores that single partition and deletes the rest of them that are on the same HDD than the program is, i am sorry to say utter crap.  ;D

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 07:03:03 PM »
Anyway while i wait for a reply on the EASUS forum i will take a look at their competition.

Paragon Backup & Recovery 2010 Free Advanced - http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/

The feature set seems nice, even better than EASUS program, this one has differential backups at least.