Author Topic: Can Avast Users Roll Back To Previous Versions?  (Read 5931 times)

Jack 1000

Can Avast Users Roll Back To Previous Versions?
« on: January 05, 2011, 02:33:03 AM »
Hey Avast Family,

Sup?  As always thank you for your help and support on the forum!  My questions are, does Avast provide a previous version rollback in the program or on the website?  I was thinking because more people than expected are having issue with the newest version of 5.1.864, could they still get a fresh version of 5.0.677 on the site?

Or would they only way they could do that, would be if they still had an existing download from 5.0.677 on their hard drives?

Jack

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can Avast Users Roll Back To Previous Versions?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 02:44:31 AM »
Avast doesn't retain old version downloads, but there are many sites that do, filehippo.com and majorgeeks.com are two that do and are reputable sites.

You are loosing sight of the fact that this is a support site and generally it is only those with problems that arrive at the forums.

You weren't around after the release of avast 5.0 almost a year ago, there was a spike in traffic on the forums, which is understandable with such a large (130 million plus) and diverse user-base with a myriad of different OSes, hardware and software, etc. Those problems were also resolved in a fairly short time as no doubt will these.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jack 1000

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 03:59:33 AM »
Avast doesn't retain old version downloads, but there are many sites that do, filehippo.com and majorgeeks.com are two that do and are reputable sites.

You are loosing sight of the fact that this is a support site and generally it is only those with problems that arrive at the forums.

You weren't around after the release of avast 5.0 almost a year ago, there was a spike in traffic on the forums, which is understandable with such a large (130 million plus) and diverse user-base with a myriad of different OSes, hardware and software, etc. Those problems were also resolved in a fairly short time as no doubt will these.

Thanks!

I think I started on the forum a couple months after 5.0 came out.  You guys have always done a good job, and it's also cool t hat you are quick to admit if problems come up.  Sometimes other companies try to hide or be dishonest about their products and services.  I have always found Avast to be very helpful and resourceful.

Jack

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:52:06 AM »
Avast has issued  "new"  5.1.874. Please take the time to read the post   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68927.msg579097#msg579097 for more info. Hey... I just did my first copy and paste and it worked! DavidR will be proud...or not.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.