Author Topic: using mozilla thunderbird with avast  (Read 3048 times)

adam

using mozilla thunderbird with avast
« on: August 25, 2004, 10:49:43 AM »
i now this has probably been asked a thousand times, but i cant seem to find the answer. is avast able to scan incoming email when using thunderbird as the email client? if so how? i use a yahoo email account on thunderbird, will avast be able to scan this type of email account?

Many Thanks For all your help, Adam  :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:using mozilla thunderbird with avast
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 12:01:07 PM »
A little search on this board would have given you the answer. Avast can scan pop/smtp/imap mail accounts. Unless you pay for Yahoo services, Yahoo is webbbased and will not be scanned. Yahoo however has a scan facility even in their freeware account.

If you download a mail and/or attachment from Yahoo. It will be scanned. Not by the mail scanner but by the on-access scanner since you are accessing a file.

shgoh

Re:using mozilla thunderbird with avast
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 01:18:08 PM »
maybe i should clarify this yahoo matter a little.....eddy is right that you need to pay for pop services for yahoo...but only for the U.S. one...i.e..your email address is xxx@yahoo.com....as for me...i used yahoo from singapore and its pop services are still free....i.e...my email address would be xxx@yahoo.com.sg
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 01:18:35 PM by shgoh »