Author Topic: Avast update voice messages  (Read 5286 times)

politepatrick

Avast update voice messages
« on: January 03, 2011, 12:07:11 PM »
I enjoy the update voice messages on Avast AV. (I use the Pirate English!) One suggestion though...I think many users find the update a bit distracting to either themselves or other individuals who may be nearby the computer being updated. Have you considered producing the voice file with a lower volume? An audio level of 50% of what it is currently would still be heard and would be less likely to provoke negative consequences. 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast update voice messages
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:37:14 PM »
Yes, the volume is too loud. It's a pity we can't control it.
You need to use mp3gain to reduce it, for instance.
Or completely disable them into avast settings.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:12:44 PM »
Don't complain. Pirates are loud ;D
You can always open the sound files in a editer, lower the volume level and safe them.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:21:28 PM »
I don't like the new virus update .wav either the AVAST! bit at the start is a bit c**p, luckily I noticed this when installing it on my little win7 netbook and I copied the old .wav update file over to it. Unfortunately the 5.1.864 release changed everything to the new one.

Fortunately I still had a copy of the old .wav file, I have uploaded it to mediafire if you want it. You will have to disable the avast self-defence module before trying to replace the old one. http://www.mediafire.com/?a94gob7iilga753
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

swarnava

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »
I don't like the new virus update .wav either the AVAST! bit at the start is a bit c**p, luckily I noticed this when installing it on my little win7 netbook and I copied the old .wav update file over to it. Unfortunately the 5.1.864 release changed everything to the new one.

Fortunately I still had a copy of the old .wav file, I have uploaded it to mediafire if you want it. You will have to disable the avast self-defence module before trying to replace the old one. http://www.mediafire.com/?a94gob7iilga753

nice job...is i paste it on My installation Directory or where?

Offline davexnet

• Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »
I actually prefer the German-sounding male voice in 4.8.
Anybody have the sound file for that ?
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 05:56:37 PM »
<snip>

There is a clue in the file name being downloaded it has to be the same as the one on your system, try using windows search to find the one you need to replace.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

swarnava

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »
<snip>

There is a clue in the file name being downloaded it has to be the same as the one on your system, try using windows search to find the one you need to replace.

ok thanks