Author Topic: avast 5.1 service failed to start after updating  (Read 2879 times)

mokkaman

avast 5.1 service failed to start after updating
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:30:48 AM »
just look at the pictures n say wat must i do.. after updating to 5.1 only, this problem came.

mokkaman

Re: avast 5.1 service failed to start after updating
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 02:32:14 AM »
the problem is i cant update to resolve the problem

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 03:22:38 AM »
Have you rebooted as suggested in the second image and tried again ?

If you have and that didn't work, try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You may need to reboot after the repair.

If that doesn't work you are looking at doing a clean reinstall:
- Download the latest version of avast AIS, 5.1.864 and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe find it here and save it to your HDD.
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, for avast 5 AIS, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.

It helps if your signature actually says what avast version you are using.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mokkaman

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 04:04:47 AM »
yes tried those..now avast starts but avastsvc.exe always has 100% cpu usage, i disabled all shields, then too full usage.. so had to stop the avast service in run->services.msc.. wil try repair option and post soon