Author Topic: Avast vs. Comodo vs. Avira - 10 000 malware  (Read 37003 times)

acafacaa

Re: Avast vs. Comodo vs. Avira - 10 000 malware
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »
Hey mark,am i stuped because i have never used avast before and i don't know about the chests size?!
Only 256mb by default?!!!
I have never seen something like that in any single AV,and I tested them a lot for years.They all have unlimited quarantine sizes.
Avira and Gdata have the better detection than Avast,that's for sure.
Accept that fact,and stop cursing people around.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:08:40 PM by acafacaa »

Gargamel360

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »
nvm, deleted  :-X
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:20:16 PM by Gargamel360 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »
Someone is removing my post for the second time,and that's not fair at all.I just posted some tests,some videos,and there are people who don't like the results and remove the posts. >:(

There is little point in posting other peoples work, we can't question their methods or motivation in doing it in the first place. You posted your video and we have been questioning how it was done, why it was done, its purpose and why the samples that were supposedly missed haven't been sent to the AVs.

If you aren't prepared to send and missed samples to avast then you aren't helping anyone and the video is essentially self-serving.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 08:37:31 PM »
Hi acafacaa!
I was reviewed and commented your youtube video, but I cannot understand how can be comodo better than avast. It's so weird  ???
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
Hey mark,am i stuped because i have never used avast before and i don't know about the chests size?!
I have never seen something like that in any single AV,and I tested them a lot for years.They all have unlimited quarantine sizes.

I would have to say yes lacking in knowledge, if you are going to test an AV I would have thought it essential that you know something about it. As far as a default size for the chest goes, for a normal user 256MB is more than adequate enough. Try to run this kind of test and it is likely to prove inadequate, but it isn't designed for that.

How can anyone accept any fact that you present when it is clear you haven't got a clue what you are doing, you know nothing of avast so how can you purport to be testing it. You set the wrong (on-access) shield to supposedly increase sensitivity in an on-demand scan; you fail to include PUPs in your scan; you fail to increase the sensitivity in the actual Explorer scan.

Yet you have the brass neck to say it doesn't matter, well to me it doesn't matter as your test isn't worth the paper that the methodology and conduct of your test is written on, oh yes, you haven't written anything.

I don't care if in an on-demand test that was correctly setup and carried out that any other AV beat avast; what I do care about is that results presented as fact should be totally accurate and yours isn't, it is a total farce.

Sorry to be blunt, but I think you need that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:22:33 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hermite15

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 08:44:28 PM »
last time I called someone stupid here (after he asked if he was ;D ), so by just answering plainly "yes" :D my post got deleted ???

MAG

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 09:01:25 PM »
last time I called someone stupid here (after he asked if he was ;D ), so by just answering plainly "yes" :D my post got deleted ???
Which I think is fair enough.

A moderator can't really stop someone being stupid.

A moderator should perhaps stop someone asking whether they are considered stupid (but hey - if you have to ask!!??).

A moderator should probably remove a response in the affirmative as provocative.

We want to keep things nice and friendly here.

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 09:13:32 PM »

I didn't say you were stupid. But if you're going to test a program or programs you should USE the programs for awhile, That way you know where all the settings are and how the program will respond in different situations.

I have customers who use Avast, MSE and AVG so I have to have a working knowledge of all three programs when I go to work on their computers. The same can be said of testing, You should have a working knowledge of the programs you're going to test.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:32:15 PM by Marc57 »
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Hermite15

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »

Which I think is fair enough.

we shall have to disagree about that, but never mind  ::)

edit: there are contexts, situations, where there's no other (serious) alternative ok?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:29:35 PM by Logos »

MAG

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 10:32:43 PM »
quote from Logos

we shall have to disagree about that, but never mind  ::)

That's ok, I don't mind - nobody has called me stupid! (yet) ;D.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:50:50 PM by mag »

Silk0

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »
Hello acafacaa.

First at all I just wanna say: Fanboyism apart, please.

Second: I don't trust at all on this "home made" tests. The person who is performing the test can "modify" the detection rate with a few stops and some changes and give the advantage to the personal favorite AV.

Third: Have a check on Virus Bulletin (VB) -> http://www.virusbtn.com/index or AV Comparatives -> http://www.av-comparatives.org/. They are independent companies who tests various AV's with real results.

Hermite15

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 10:58:59 PM »
there will always be noobs to post such stuff on forums, AV "tests" etc... and no moderation to stop them (here on Avast forums). "Let the kids play"'s probably the motto, that's good for business after all, i.e. <<the more they talk about "us" (the AV companies)... the more they advertise "us" >> ;D

acafacaa

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 11:30:34 PM »
Hey people,I know you are angry about the results cause you are the avast's fans,and I understand that.
But I want you to understand me:
Watch the Avast internet secutity REAL PREVENTION TEST,and you will see how good avast is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrVeyHiP_0

Hermite15

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
Hey people,I know you are angry about the results cause you are the avast's fans,and I understand that.
But I want you to understand me:
Watch the Avast internet secutity REAL PREVENTION TEST,and you will see how good avast is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrVeyHiP_0

look the question is not whether people who criticize you are fans or not (of Avast) the question is that we're all questioning here the validity of your tests. And posting tests that favor Avast or don't favor Avast doesn't change anything. We (well some of us at least) don't care here about such "tests", at all okay? You're wasting your time son, time to move along ::)

sded

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »
Sometimes I think that playing with malware is challenging role playing games for entertainment among bored high school kids.  I have seen kids as young as 12 on another well known video creation forum, and that's only among those who admit their age.  "Malware-a game for all ages.  No education or experience required".   ::)