Author Topic: Avast vs. Comodo vs. Avira - 10 000 malware  (Read 37048 times)

acafacaa

Re: Avast vs. Comodo vs. Avira - 10 000 malware
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »
If u think i changed some of the settings or something like that,ok,i can make a video - prevention test and record everything from the start till the end,and would you belive than?
I doubt...
Because you are not ready to accept the truth.

Hermite15

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 11:46:35 PM »
If u think i changed some of the settings or something like that,ok,i can make a video - prevention test and record everything from the start till the end,and would you belive than?
I doubt...

hey, WE DON'T CARE, you don't get it or what?

MAG

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 11:50:05 PM »
The truth is out there...

I suspect it will remain out there after this thread dies.

I don't mind anyone, amateur or professional, looking for it in whatever way they choose - but it is not realistic to expect others to believe that you have found it. (A prophet in his own country etc.)

Best of luck though!

acafacaa

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2011, 11:51:29 PM »
Maybe you don't care,but I don't care if you don't care.
There is a people who cares on this forum,I can see that from my increased views on the videos.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:53:23 PM by acafacaa »

REDACTED

Hermite15

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2011, 11:55:54 PM »
Maybe you don't care,but I *don't care* if you don't care.
There is a people who cares on this forum,I can see that from my increased views on the videos.

>>> reported the above poster for spamming and trolling, and requesting a ban. ... okay, and if you don't ban him guys (and you probably won't), at least delete this thread, I mean don't just lock it, wipe it. thanks.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:57:28 PM by Logos »

Silk0

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2011, 11:58:35 PM »
Hey people,I know you are angry about the results cause you are the avast's fans,and I understand that.
But I want you to understand me:
Watch the Avast internet secutity REAL PREVENTION TEST,and you will see how good avast is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrVeyHiP_0

Look buddy... the variants are huge.
I can also test some links before the test and select the ones who escape from Avast on a list. Is that simple? Yes.
Also, I'm off with this discussion. It's useless to argue with a "expert AV tester"...  ::)

Edit: Also... i agree with Logos above. Just close this.. Thanks.

GloobyGoob

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2011, 12:00:18 AM »
I doubt...

What do your videos prove? The only thing that they show is that no Antivirus program has 100% detection. That would be impossible to achieve, because they are reactive solutions to malware. These are certainly not reliable tests for detection rates of particular AV's, as you only have a few links to test in your prevention tests, and your methodology for that on-demand test is flawed.

GG

Gargamel360

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »
last post, honest
Oh, so you are using this to promote hits?  Shame, but no surprise.  I did watch, because to comment on something, it helps to watch it.  Total dis-interest soon followed.  ::)

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 08:41:37 AM »
Hi guys,
as a programmer here at Avast who does not deal with viruses I sometimes go upstairs to the virus lab and I am amazed. I especially love the charts the virus guys there have with their samples and colors, green means avast is the winner on all the samples received on that day.

There is also a large group of samples that avast detect exclusively, meaning that so far no other antivirus we know of is detecting it.

I sometimes wonder why isn't Avast the by far leader in all test if we have so much samples that only avast detects and no other competitor (not sure if Comodo is even tested).

My guess is that other antivirus's virus labs have also similar charts with similar yet differt sample sets. And this is probably the reason why the testing should be done by some independend well respected organization or person, who knows how to choose the test sets in an unbiased way - or at least tries to do so or holds an open discussion about the way how to do it.