Author Topic: Slow down  (Read 4593 times)

ronnycopeh

Slow down
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:53:55 PM »
I haven't had any major problem with the new build but I notice some slow page loading with Web Shield(scan web HTTP traffic) checked, when I unchecked it, things zip real fast. all specs in sig. thanks for any respond in advance

MikeN92

Re: Slow down
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 02:19:01 AM »
You could try repairing or reinstalling. Don't have any other ideas at the moment.

ronnycopeh

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 02:25:40 AM »
okay, thanks

Siena

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 06:47:35 AM »
I seem to have a similar problem. 

All my shields are working except for the Web Shield.  I am running Vista 32 Bit, the latest Avast updates and Internet Explorer 8.  IE is incredibly slow and stops responding. 

I think the two problems are related but haven't found a way to fix it.  I've already spend many frustrating hours trying to resolve this.  What am I missing?  I should also mention that Mozilla Firefox works just fine!

I just discovered that if I uncheck the "Enable Protected Mode" in the "Securities" tab in the "Internet Properties" in the "Control Panel".... It speeds up IE8 a lot!  It is dangerous to do that though, and it doesn't fix the Web Shield issue I have.

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
@ Siena,

Please see the thread you started http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68780.0 for assistance with your problem.  Thank you.

ronnycopeh

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:57:49 PM »
none helped mine!

MikeN92

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »
I really don't know what else to do to fix this. If no other more experienced user will give you an idea I don't think leaving it off would be a good idea since it's an important shield of avast so you could go back to 5.0.677 until a new build is released. I know that's not fixing.