Author Topic: Avast Pro installation  (Read 4631 times)

Cornish Jack

Avast Pro installation
« on: January 04, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »
New subscriber to Avast Pro.
The purchased licence says that this product is licenced for THREE computers. I have installed it on my primary and secondary machine. Everything is fine on the primary machine but when the secondary machine is booted up, a splash screen comes up indicating this is a TRIAL installation and running out of time. I cannot find any method of correcting this. Any help. please?
Rgds

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Pro installation
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 01:43:28 PM »
Have you inserted the license file ?........you must do that on every install

Cornish Jack

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »
Thank you. Only on the primary machine - no dialogue box for the licence was offered on the secondary install. Does this require a further install and, if so, are there any problems I should be aware of, please?
Rgds

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
Thank you. Only on the primary machine - no dialogue box for the licence was offered on the secondary install. Does this require a further install and, if so, are there any problems I should be aware of, please?
Rgds

On the second computer Please go to Maintainance, choose Subscription and Insert License File
That should solve the problem. :)

Cornish Jack

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »
Thank you - will try that.
Rgds

Cornish Jack

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 06:23:22 PM »
Just to update ...
Because the installation on the secondary machine is a TRIAL version, there is NO maintenance function so the previous suggestion didn't work :(
What DID work,eventually, was to copy the licence file to the secondary machine, THEN go through the INITIAL sequence of PURCHASING a second copy and, once the setup eng had completed, activate the licence file. This APPEARS to have worked but I wouldn't class it as the most straightforward installation routine!!! >:( >:(

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »
Just to update ...
Because the installation on the secondary machine is a TRIAL version, there is NO maintenance function so the previous suggestion didn't work :(
What DID work,eventually, was to copy the licence file to the secondary machine, THEN go through the INITIAL sequence of PURCHASING a second copy and, once the setup eng had completed, activate the licence file. This APPEARS to have worked but I wouldn't class it as the most straightforward installation routine!!! >:( >:(

Sorry I couldn't help and am glad to see you got it working. There must have been a glitch somewhere in the process. :)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »
How about just copying the license file to the target machine (or transferring it on a flash drive, for example), and clicking on it in Explorer?

Cornish Jack

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »
Thank you, Igor. Yes, the flash drive was how it was done but I would have expected something simpler. :-\