Author Topic: My email address is not recognized by the site of Avast!  (Read 6980 times)

tebinho

My email address is not recognized by the site of Avast!
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:21:18 PM »
Can not delete a Trojan that installed itself on my PC. I am trying to install Combofix but to do so must close Avast. When I try to close the Avast to complete the installation of Combofix, Avast asks me a password and I never put a password on Avast. I tried to retrieve the password via the website of Avast and they do not recognize my e mail! Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.
PS1 Sorry for my bad English but I am Brazilian and I do not write very well.
PS2 The trojan name is "conputer.exe" ASC with "n" before "p"

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: My email address is not recognized by the site of Avast!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:27:14 PM »
The password is added by the user and it is not stored in the website (there you have the license key not the password).
Did you try to run Combofix in Safe Mode? (press F8 while booting).
The best things in life are free.

tebinho

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »
Tech
First, thank you for your attention. Yes, I tried in safe mode, but even in safe mode, need to close the Avast. What is strange is that I never put any password on Avast. I have registered the program in August 2010 and booked my e mail to receive the license key however, and my email is no longer recognized by the site can not receive a new password.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 05:19:33 PM »
but even in safe mode, need to close the Avast
avast is not started in Safe Mode ::)
The best things in life are free.

tebinho

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:15:11 PM »
Tech,
Avast on my machine booted into safe mode, perhaps because of the password.
I can not take it off the list of startup programs with Windows in any way but managed to remove the trojan that I spoke from the Safe mode with prompt. I've already changed my passwords for banks, msn, orkut, etc ...
But, just for the record, tries to put a password on Avast and starts in Safe Mode to see if it is. Now, the problem remains that the site continues Avast does not recognize my email. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but without the damn password I can not. Will Avast remove tool be able to uninstall Avast?

tebinho

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 06:27:54 PM »
Excuse me, I said wrong up there, what I wanted to use the service "Resend My License Key" on the website of Avast.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »
Tech,
Avast on my machine booted into safe mode, perhaps because of the password.
I can not take it off the list of startup programs with Windows in any way but managed to remove the trojan that I spoke from the Safe mode with prompt. I've already changed my passwords for banks, msn, orkut, etc ...
But, just for the record, tries to put a password on Avast and starts in Safe Mode to see if it is. Now, the problem remains that the site continues Avast does not recognize my email. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but without the damn password I can not. Will Avast remove tool be able to uninstall Avast?

Hey tebinho: If you are unable to uninstall Avast via 'Add and Remove Program' try running aswClear.exe (Clean up Tool) in Safe Mode
Download the Avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear5 at: http://public.avast.com/~forejt/aswClear.exe
NOTE: Make sure you choose the version you want to uninstall from the list of version options
Let us know how it went. :)

tebinho

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 08:21:13 PM »
Tanx, schmidthouse...
I will try this...
I just tried and received this message:
"The avast! self protection module is enabled. For this reason, tne operation cannot be completed.
To complete the operation, either run this program from Windows Safe Mode, or disable avast! self protection (via Settings-> Troubleshooting page)"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:28:01 PM by tebinho »

tebinho

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:30:14 PM »
I cant download the program to remove Avast!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »
I cant download the program to remove Avast!

What is your system information and other security software installed? What version of Avast are you using?

tebinho

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »
To do something, i need the password!

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:25 PM »
When requesting your license to be resent, have you used the "exact" email address that you used to purchase Avast?

Can you post a screenshot of the popup that is requiring a password?

Also, if you don't have another copy of your license, Avast copies the license to this folder C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5 (windows 7). I'm not near my XP computer so I can't give you the exact path for XP etc. Maybe someone else can come up with this for you. I would suggest you copy this file and save it in a safe place before you uninstall Avast. You will probably have to go into control panel to folder options and show hidden files.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:32:54 PM by Charyb »