Author Topic: SuperAntiSpyware  (Read 8663 times)

christy a

SuperAntiSpyware
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:10:47 PM »
What is the best Spyware to use? I have SuperAntiSpyware and it does ok,but everytime i run it it has around 60+(sometimes) on it and seems like we have to run it everyday,and if you don't your computer is so slow.Is this normal, or are there something wrong with my computer.

MikeN92

Re: SuperAntiSpyware
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »
Normally, you should ask this on superantispyware's forum but wt*. I haven't used it for a long time, tried it for a short period and then moved on. I think the reason it finds so many things every time is because it scans for cookies(can't think of any other reason). I would recommend using Malwarebytes Free, in my opinion it's better. About the slowdown, try using ccleaner and malwarebytes.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »
Antispyware? Only avast as resident will do the job.
On demand scanning every day is overkilling. Maybe weekly. Maybe monthly.
I suggest MBAM as on demand scanner.
The best things in life are free.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 03:20:21 PM »
What is the best Spyware to use? I have SuperAntiSpyware and it does ok,but everytime i run it it has around 60+(sometimes) on it and seems like we have to run it everyday,and if you don't your computer is so slow.Is this normal, or are there something wrong with my computer.

Hi Christy a: Give MBam (Malwarebytes) a try. Let us know how it turned out. :)

Download free http://www.malwarebytes.org/ (the blue button) for an on-demand scanner.
 Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
 After install, click update so you have latest database before scanning.

I see Tech has a good idea. ;D ;)

christy a

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 03:28:02 PM »
Ok TY Guys, I already have the Malwarebytes on my computer,so what should i do unstall the SuperAntiSpyware and just use Malwarebytes ? Because like i said we have to run that Super thing everyday.

christy a

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
Ok TY Guys, I already have the Malwarebytes on my computer,so what should i do unstall the SuperAntiSpyware and just use Malwarebytes ? Because like i said we have to run that Super thing everyday.

Oh one more thing(sorry) i have run a scan on the MBAM and it comes up nothing? is this right?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »
Oh one more thing(sorry) i have run a scan on the MBAM and it comes up nothing? is this right?
If your computer is clean, MBAM will return nothing...

MikeN92

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
Scanning once a month with Malwarebytes should be enough. Uninstalling SuperAntiSpyware remains your decision. I personally would uninstall it, besides, the slowdown shouldn't be something that SuperAntiSpyware could fix. The scan comes clean because you are not infected. You should hope for that to happen every time :)

christy a

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
TY, I think that is what i will do is Uninstalling it because,my computer runs so slow then we run the scan and it finds all of those spyware everyday.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 03:37:44 PM »
finds all of those spyware everyday.
Maybe you're talking about cookies... not spyware.
It's a bad job to the humanity that SuperAntispyware consider cookie as spyware, because they don't.

MikeN92

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 03:39:01 PM »
I told you before, those are cookies. They won't do your computer any harm.
Try using this http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner if your computer slows down again.

christy a

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »
finds all of those spyware everyday.
Maybe you're talking about cookies... not spyware.
It's a bad job to the humanity that SuperAntispyware consider cookie as spyware, because they don't.

Maybe that is what it is,i'll leave it in there and do a scan and then see what it says.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »

You shouldn't have to run it every day, weekly is fine, though the Pro version is resident, but you don't say what version.

One crucial piece of information missing from your first post, 60+ what ?
Essentially if these are cookies, stop wasting your time and don't even have cookies checked in the scan settings, they aren't an issue and why many security based applications don't even look for them.

- See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

christy a

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 04:11:22 PM »

You shouldn't have to run it every day, weekly is fine, though the Pro version is resident, but you don't say what version.

One crucial piece of information missing from your first post, 60+ what ?
Essentially if these are cookies, stop wasting your time and don't even have cookies checked in the scan settings, they aren't an issue and why many security based applications don't even look for them.

- See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.

Ok,I'll run a scan and look at, it might just be cookies i dont know,the kids does most of running scans and stuff.It is the free one.But it seems like the computer gets slow and then we run it and it does get a little faster,but i was just wondering if it is a really good one to use.I had Adaware and that thing didnt do nothing,and i asked on here and put the SuperAntiSpyware in.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 04:21:29 PM »
You should set their browsers not to accept third party cookies, e.g. those not originating from the site they are visiting. That will prevent many of these anyway.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security