Author Topic: IObit controversy  (Read 5997 times)

bobbyjack

IObit controversy
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:08:56 AM »
Hi all, I recently stumbled upon this... I keep reading on this forum that IObit is not a trustworthy company, but the whole incident with them stealing Malwarebytes signatures may just be a rumor. IObit explains that it was because of their faulty submission system. What do you guys think?

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4807

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: IObit controversy
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:11:17 AM »
IObit is really faulty and thieve. Already proved. What would you expect from their own forum? The truth is not there...
The best things in life are free.

bobbyjack

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »
Well what if they're telling the truth? ;D

To be honest, I don't fully believe it either but... as they stated, "No real proof shows that IObit cracked and stole database of any other vendors."

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 12:24:47 AM »
and you just registered here on Avast forums to talk about that? why here?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 12:43:52 AM »
This isn't an isolated incident, the incident with the MBAM is just one such questionable act.

For me there are so many companies offering free applications out there for a wide range of different products that you can be very selective in what you choose.

So if there is any possibility of a stain/doubt on the character of a company I won't use their products, it it that easy. This is more so when you are talking about security based products as you are 'trusting' them to protect your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bobbyjack

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 12:59:00 AM »
and you just registered here on Avast forums to talk about that? why here?

I use/read stuff on this forum only, because I use avast. I posted in the General section, so hopefully it is allowed. I just wanted to hear your opinions. :)

This isn't an isolated incident, the incident with the MBAM is just one such questionable act.

For me there are so many companies offering free applications out there for a wide range of different products that you can be very selective in what you choose.

I see, never thought of it that way. I used one of their products called Smart Defrag and certainly do think there are better options out there.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 01:01:37 AM »
I use Puran Defrag, the free version and that is good it also has a boot-time function which isn't available on some paid options.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »
I use Puran Defrag, the free version and that is good it also has a boot-time function which isn't available on some paid options.
It is very good and works on XP and Windows 7

Please read:
IOBit Theft Conclusion
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=33217

Nothing from IOBit for me.  ;)