Other > Viruses and worms

"application cannot be executed. the file skypenames2.exe is infected"

(1/14) > >>

Notts James:
I got a serious issue with my system. Somehow some trogan/rogue has affected my system. It keeps flashing me virus alert and whenever i try to run any program it says "Application cannot be executed. The file  **** is infected......."

Running an MBAM as I type this and it has found nothing as of yet.

I get this popup saying, "Infiltration Alert, your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan - dropper or similar."

This is making my attempts to do work impossible due to the constant pop ups and unresponsive internet.

PLEASE ADVISE and ASSIST.

Notts James:
My laptop by the way is running windows 7 home premium with avast anti spyware free edition.

also, when the popups come up instructing me to upgrade to this phony antivirus programe, internet explorer comes up on its own, despite me using firefox only.

Silk0:
It's  certainly a rogue. (almost sure)
Which program is giving the pop-ups?

By the way, are you running a full scam from MBAM?

Notts James:
the pop uphas the windows defender shield, other than that I have no idea sorry

also, yes - i'm going through a full MBAM scan

p.s. i just finished a quick scan with super anti spyware and quarantined 24 items - now when it tries to update itself, it comes up with this message, "there was an error trying to retrieve definitions. make sure your firewall is not blocking superantispyware.exe from accessing the internet."

Silk0:
Hmmm... Visit this link... will help you: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/
You only need to know which program is blocking your apps to execute.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version