Author Topic: new version of ais its making me crazy  (Read 2926 times)

darkgirlsp0

new version of ais its making me crazy
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:19:32 AM »
everything started with this: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=69023.new;topicseen

after I updated to 5.1.874 like the full member told me, the problem returned

because I'm portugese I created a topic in the international zone of the forum and there, the fulll member told me to repair my ais... I did it... one of the things that the reparation does is update the program automatically

when I rebooted the pc appeared the bsod... and the pc rebooted... and the bsod again, and again...

now I'm in the safe mode

I don't have any antivirus in conflit...any firewall or any antispyware

i hope you can help me

Hermite15

Re: new version of ais its making me crazy
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 01:27:46 AM »
1st you could have continued posting in the other thread, no need to start a new one.

2sd ...yeah your problem came back because it has nothing to do with Avast. That's a known issue in Windows Seven, your profile is wrongly "tagged" as corrupted by Windows and you're prompted to create a new one. I've seen this happen tens of times shortly after Windows Seven was released, but not anymore for months now, most likely due to a couple of updates. I suggest that you check if your Windows install is fully updated, that's all I can do for you ;)

3rd BSODs are another thing, if you got memory dump files, I suggest you upload them to Avast ftp server ftp: //ftp.avast.com/incoming/

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:29:41 AM by Logos »

darkgirlsp0

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 01:34:26 AM »
windows 7 ultimate x64 totally updated...
how can the problem be from my w7 if with 5.0. it doens't happen? i don't understand

(sorry for the new post  :-\ i'm new here)

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 01:42:40 AM »
windows 7 ultimate x64 totally updated...
how can the problem be from my w7 if with 5.0. it doens't happen? i don't understand

(sorry for the new post  :-\ i'm new here)

I'm not talking about the BSOD, this can be avast related, and to find out you must upload the memory dump files to Avast servers, archived and passworded. email the password to someone like "vlk" or "pk" (Avast team), you'll find their email addresses in their forum profiles, and specify the avast thread link in the mail.

What I'm talking about is the issue with new profile and desktop being created, this is a Windows issue. Browse technet forums (Microsoft) or/and ask a question there. Many people have had this issue, and most of them don't have Avast installed.