Author Topic: Network Adaptor Problems (pre v. 5.1. 864 update)  (Read 2032 times)

BobbyZee67

Network Adaptor Problems (pre v. 5.1. 864 update)
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:34:56 PM »

Like many others with a Dell laptop,I experienced problems with the 5.1.864 update and carried out the recommended
 fix i.e. unchecking "behavior box" and I now patiently await the next update. I add my thanks to Avast for getting to
 grips with the problems and getting a "beta fix" out so promptly but I'm content to wait.

Actually,I think the 5.1.864 update may well have been a blessing in disguise for me and has had the effect of
 bringing matters to a head. Since I've been using Avast (eighteen months), I have fairly regularly received annoying
 notifications that either my wlan card or BCMWLTRY have problems, when in fact there's no problem with either and
 drivers have been updated. I hasten to add that I update my security programs daily and scan regularly with nil
 infections to date. Could it be that Avast behaviour shield has been responsible for these notifications all this
 time? Many thanks.

BobbyZee67

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Network Adaptor Problems (pre v. 5.1. 864 update)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
This bug should be already fixed in 5.1.884 update: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=69152.0.
If you experience any problems, let us know, thanks.