Author Topic: [Solved in 5.1.884] Minimised scan window --> Show scan results doesn't work  (Read 5669 times)

spg SCOTT

I ran a scan (bit random for me but hey ;) ) and apparently there was something detected. Once I click on the "show results" nothing happens, the popup just disappears...

The detection (if it matters) was a temp internet file...

Win7 64
avast! free 5.1.874
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:42:38 PM by spg SCOTT »

SafeSurf

Re: Minimised scan window --> Show scan results doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:50:05 AM »
What happens if you right click on the Avast bottom toolbar > Show last pop-up message...you should be able to see it there unless you already rebooted your machine. 

Good thing it was only a temp. Internet file.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
Not on that machine at the moment, but it is not that the popup can't be brought back, it is that clicking on 'show scan results' in the popup does nothing but close it. It should open the avast and the scan results.

When I open avast, the scan results are open, and waiting...but I have to open it myself. Clicking that button should open it.

Good thing it was only a temp. Internet file.

First proper detection in a long time, and even then it was for a site that I know is clean (a blog post that contains inactive script, but in text form, so causes an alert) and even then it is my fault ;)

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »
it is that clicking on 'show scan results' in the popup does nothing but close it. It should open the avast and the scan results.

When I open avast, the scan results are open, and waiting...but I have to open it myself. Clicking that button should open it.
A little bug?  What version are you using?

spg SCOTT

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 10:39:11 AM »
Well, that is in the initial post, but just tried it on this machine, and the same thing. Oddly, once clicked and the popup disappears, right clicking the tray icon brings the results up ???

This one is Vista 32bit avast! Free 5.1.864

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 10:46:15 AM »
Maybe you should report it in the http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68927.165 thread so they are aware of the problem.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
It seems that this is fixed in the new build 5.1.884 so I will mark this thread resolved :)
Clicking on "show scan results" brings them up now.

Scott
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:46:21 PM by spg SCOTT »