Author Topic: AIS installation problems and inconsistent state  (Read 10111 times)

CarlAxel

Re: AIS installation problems and inconsistent state
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 04:49:21 PM »
Based on some other forum discussions, I re-installed AIS in custom mode and did not install the behavior shield.  It seems to be working - Avast is running, I can access printers, networks, etc.

pchelp

Re: AIS installation problems and inconsistent state
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »
Based on some other forum discussions, I re-installed AIS in custom mode and did not install the behavior shield.  It seems to be working - Avast is running, I can access printers, networks, etc.

I had the same issue as the OP in this thread. I read through dozens of posts on this forum and other websites and they all arrive at the same conclusion: uninstall with the removal tool and then reinstall.  Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. There are no other AV programs, past or present, that would conflict.

Finally I read the post above and tried it out. UNINSTALLING THE BEHAVIOR SHIELD WORKED!!!

I know this is an old post, but hopefully it will help someone else with this same problem when a clean reinstall doesn't work.