Author Topic: *** NEW PRE-RELEASE UPDATE 5.1.884 NOW AVAILABLE ***  (Read 86547 times)

HVTohyeah

Re: *** NEW PRE-RELEASE UPDATE 5.1.884 NOW AVAILABLE ***
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2011, 01:47:22 PM »
Avast Internet Security 5.1.844 conflict with Game Guard of FIFA Online 2.When I play Fifa, Avast was "don't send" or Fifa was disconnected
I Hope Support Team help me fix it. :(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:53:04 PM by HVTohyeah »

Offline hectic-mmv

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »
Please, whats your avast version 5.1.864 or 5.1.884?

HVTohyeah

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »
ahh.Sorry version 5.1.884

nord

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2011, 04:23:50 PM »
Hi *,

we have just released a new pre-released build of avast, version number 5.1.884. This build is supposed to solve the remaining issues that were not fixed by the previous pre-release version 5.1.874.

Vik,

Running XP PRO SP3 here with 768Megs Ram  and no problems so far. Any issues you might want us to look at?

Much thanks.

robinb

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »
anyone know yet when the new version will be put in the updater?  I am on one of my client machines now and it is still showing " a new update version of 5.0864 and she has one of the laptops in question so i do not want to upgrade her for fear she will loose the internet and i really do not want to travel 20miles to her home to fix this.

All my clients are on hold until the new updater is put in as version 5.1 whatever

Also will it show up as this new version ready for upgrade once you open the program in the maintenance tab?
thanks
robin

fblais

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »
Behavior shield still not working here.
(free version, 884 build, XP Pro SP3)
Worse, I get a red X on the tray icon, and Avast is completely inoperative.
(the GUI opens but all services are down)
Once I disable the BS through the setup and reboot, Avast works fine again. (but no BS, of course)

Regards,
François

Did a complete uninstall, rebooted, ran the cleanup utility, rebooted again, installed 884 from scratch.
At that point, the Behaviour Shield was working, but on next reboot, all services were disabled.
Had no choice to disable the BS once again.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 05:39:57 PM »
Any (recent) unpXXXXXX.mdmp files in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\log
?

fblais

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
Any (recent) unpXXXXXX.mdmp files in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\log
?

To whom are you asking this question?

kd5

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
Windows XP SP3, just tried to update from 5.0.677 to 5.1.884, got a Setup Selfextract error:  'An error 0 (00000000) has occured.  Last performed operation was:  spawning'

Guess I'll wait till the bugs are worked out.       -kd5-

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2011, 06:00:53 PM »
@Francois Blais, the question was directed at you... if you have any unp* files from recent time in avast "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\log" folder, please compress them & send me it to kurtin@avast.com. Please include setup.log files ("c:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log"). Thanks

@kd5, what's in setup log file? You can copy&paste it to a file and attach it here.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:09:43 PM by pk »

kd5

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2011, 06:12:57 PM »
Windows XP SP3, just tried to update from 5.0.677 to 5.1.884, got a Setup Selfextract error:  'An error 0 (00000000) has occured.  Last performed operation was:  spawning'

Manually updating via the application only updated to 864.  Subsequent attempt to install the 884 update first informed me there were no updates (that I had the latest version), then popped up that same Selfextract error.

Nesivos

« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
I am not sure that this post is in the correct thread but I do use AIS and have updated to 5.1.884.

I have at the suggestion of someone on the Avast Forum used Dr. Web as one my secondary scans.

Prior to last night I had always used it in the Quick Scan mode.

Prior to last night neither AIS, Malwarebytes, SAS, HouseCall, HitmanPro or Dr. Web were identifying any Wild-Tangent related viruses/Malware.

Anyway, last night or more precisely last last afternoon I decided to do a complete scan with Dr. Web.

I learned something and found something.

Learned
-------------
1.  The systems folders and files on Windows 7 are hidden.  Clicking "Show hidden files, folder and drives" does not show the systems folders and files.
2.  You have to unclick "Hide Protected Operating System Files" to see the the Systems folders and files.
3.  In Windows 7 the "Documents and Settings" folder is actually a link to files that are located in/under the System folder named "Users"

Found
--------------
1.  The complete scan in Dr. Web found two infected files and one suspicious file in one of the the Wild-Tangent folders located in a normally hidden by Windows 7 System folder and files and quarantined them.  These files were not being identified by Avast in my "Nightly Scan"  My Nightly scan was set to scan "The System Drive", "Memory" etc along with my entire internal drive.  My internal hard drive is partitioned into multiple logical drives.  I had "Recognize File Types By Their Content" clicked.  

Action
------------
1.  I don't play Wild-Tangent so i deleted the Wind-Tangent files quarantined by Dr. Web.  I also deleted all the other Wild-Tangent files which happen to only be located in normally hidden; i.e by W7 default, Windows 7 hidden operating system folders and files, not just the Hidden Windows 7 non-operating system folders and files.  Clicking on "Show hidden files, folder and drives" will not show these folders and files unless you also unclick "Hide Protected Operating System Files".

2.  I changed my Nightly Scan to "Scan all files" under Setting-Scan-File Types

Questions
--------------
1. Does AIS scan W7 hidden by default "Operating System Protected Files" when the settings in Setting-Scan-File Type is not set to "Scan All Files" even though it is set to scan "System Drive", "Memory" etc "Recognize File Types By Their Content"?
2. Does AIS scan W7 hidden by default "Operating System Protected Files" when the Setting-Scan-File Types is set to "Scan all files"

If the answers to question #1 is yes then these three files identified by Dr.Web as infected/suspicious are either False Positives or AIS is not identifying them as infected/suspicious files.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:32:48 PM by Nesivos »

kd5

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2011, 06:24:36 PM »
@kd5, what's in setup log file? You can copy&paste it to a file and attach it here.

Log attached.       -kd5-

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
Log attached.       -kd5-

see the first post: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=69152.0
you must download the package with 884 build and update using it - this build isn't official, that's why avast GUI (build 864) doesn't see it

kd5

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »
I've downloaded that file 3 times, the first 2 gave me the Selfextract error and no upgrade, the 3rd informed me I already had the latest version then gave me the Selfextract error and no upgrade.       -kd5-