Author Topic: *** NEW PRE-RELEASE UPDATE 5.1.884 NOW AVAILABLE ***  (Read 86570 times)

kd5

Re: *** NEW PRE-RELEASE UPDATE 5.1.884 NOW AVAILABLE ***
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2011, 06:49:03 PM »
Just cleaned up junk files then tried to download and install 884 again, got the same message telling me there are no updates, that I already have the latest version,  then after closing that notification, got the same Selfextract error.  I give up.       -kd5-

Offline Lawrenzo

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »
I've downloaded that file 3 times, the first 2 gave me the Selfextract error and no upgrade, the 3rd informed me I already had the latest version then gave me the Selfextract error and no upgrade.       -kd5-

I seem to be in the same boat-  the error message keeps showing a last performed operation as spawning.  This issue is keeping me from using my UPS Worldhsip software, effectively shutting down my business.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2011, 06:56:56 PM »
I've downloaded that file 3 times, the first 2 gave me the Selfextract error and no upgrade, the 3rd informed me I already had the latest version then gave me the Selfextract error and no upgrade.       -kd5-

I seem to be in the same boat-  the error message keeps showing a last performed operation as spawning.  This issue is keeping me from using my UPS Worldhsip software, effectively shutting down my business.
You can go to add remove program's/avast/ and uninstall the BhS if the .884 build hasn't solved your issue's

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2011, 06:58:03 PM »
Just cleaned up junk files then tried to download and install 884 again, got the same message telling me there are no updates, that I already have the latest version,  then after closing that notification, got the same Selfextract error.  I give up.       -kd5-
try a full clean install

sded

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2011, 06:59:23 PM »
Download links:
Free AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/5.1.884/setup_av_free.exe
Pro AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/5.1.884/setup_av_pro.exe
Internet Security: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/5.1.884/setup_ais.exe

Which of these links are you actually downloading from?  What messages do you get and when?

Offline Lawrenzo

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »

You can go to add remove program's/avast/ and uninstall the BhS if the .884 build hasn't solved your issue's

That's what I've been doing since last Thursday, but it's a hassle trying to run my business that way.  I need a real fix.

fblais

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2011, 07:04:30 PM »
@Francois Blais, the question was directed at you... if you have any unp* files from recent time in avast "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\log" folder, please compress them & send me it to kurtin@avast.com. Please include setup.log files ("c:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log"). Thanks
Will check tonight when I'm back home Kurtin, thanks!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »

That's what I've been doing since last Thursday, but it's a hassle trying to run my business that way.  I need a real fix.
Hopefully the new stable will be out soon, once you have the BhS uninstalled you should not be inconvenienced and everything should work fine.

Offline Lawrenzo

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2011, 07:48:35 PM »
I uninstalled and followed the link as offered.  It now works fine.  Thank you Avast team for taking care of this issue so quickly.  Now, back to work!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »
I uninstalled and followed the link as offered.  It now works fine.  Thank you Avast team for taking care of this issue so quickly.  Now, back to work!
Glad your back to work  :)

Hermite15

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2011, 09:33:07 PM »
a bit off topic here: a third VPS update today... pretty rare...may be engine related.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2011, 10:36:24 PM »
a bit off topic here: a third VPS update today... pretty rare...may be engine related.

Possibly, but there were also quite a few new signatures.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2011, 10:52:06 PM »
Any (recent) unpXXXXXX.mdmp files in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\log
?

To whom are you asking this question?
Your signature La voix de ma contrebasse does not help with problem resolution ??? French to English translation
The voice of my bass
http://translate.google.com/#auto|en|La%20voix%20de%20ma%20contrebasse

It would help if you put your system information in your signature just like DavidR hasin his signature. 

S'il vous plaît insérer votre signature
http://translate.google.com/#auto|fr|Please%20insert%20your%20signature

Hermite15

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2011, 11:33:59 PM »

Possibly, but there were also quite a few new signatures.

oh okay I didn't check thanks.

fblais

« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2011, 01:13:13 AM »
@Francois Blais, the question was directed at you... if you have any unp* files from recent time in avast "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\log" folder, please compress them & send me it to kurtin@avast.com. Please include setup.log files ("c:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log"). Thanks
Will check tonight when I'm back home Kurtin, thanks!
There are no unp* files at all.
There's no "setup" folder either, and the sole setup.log file I found was in the log folder.
Do you want it?

Best regards,
François