Author Topic: How Do I Fix This +  (Read 3414 times)

Rgkarsr

How Do I Fix This +
« on: August 27, 2004, 09:03:11 AM »
I am a senior citizen and basically computer illiterate. Somehow Avasts Pop up screens keep coming up Deny File. Then it says ALLOW ALL, ALLOW. DENY. This started to appear after I made some adjustments as to what should be scanned. I don't know what I activated as these windows keep coming up? Which had not before? And I have no idea what these programs are and if I should Allow, Allow ALL or DENY. I would like to stop it if possible. Can somebody please help me?

Also every time I do my scan it shows a Virus under Win 95.Matyas  D:\winnt\pav.zip\pav.sig. It come up after every scan. When I put it into the Chest it never shows up there. And at the completion of the scan it shows there are no Virus. What is that about? Why does it keep showing a virus but then does not show up in the chest?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:How Do I Fix This +
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 11:10:14 AM »
I am a senior citizen and basically computer illiterate. Somehow Avasts Pop up screens keep coming up Deny File. Then it says ALLOW ALL, ALLOW. DENY. This started to appear after I made some adjustments as to what should be scanned. I don't know what I activated as these windows keep coming up? Which had not before? And I have no idea what these programs are and if I should Allow, Allow ALL or DENY. I would like to stop it if possible. Can somebody please help me?

You have probably turned on the Behavior-Blocker. Open the resident protection control window (by clicking on the blue avast! icon in the system tray), press "Details...>>" if it's not already expanded, select the Standard Shield provider, and press the "Customize" button. Now, switch to the third pade (Blocker). On that page, uncheck all those 4 checkboxes under "Blocked Operations".

Also every time I do my scan it shows a Virus under Win 95.Matyas  D:\winnt\pav.zip\pav.sig. It come up after every scan. When I put it into the Chest it never shows up there. And at the completion of the scan it shows there are no Virus. What is that about? Why does it keep showing a virus but then does not show up in the chest?

This is a false alarm on Panda Antivirus signatures. If you don't use Panda software anymore, I'd suggest simply to delete the file (d:\winnt\pav.zip).