Author Topic: silent install  (Read 4273 times)

rfusca

silent install
« on: August 27, 2004, 03:33:53 PM »
Are there switches for a silent/unattended install of avast? I work an a local computer store and we would send it out on more systems instead of people buying Norton, but the boss will only agree if we can do it unattended like norton.  Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:silent install
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 04:33:33 PM »
I would suggest reading the avast Help File under Silent Installation, it has all the switches, etc. This function would however, appear to be only available on the Pro version.

The only query would be which version are you intending to install? If as I suspect it is the free avast 4 Home version, how do you ensure that the machines being sold are going to people who qualify for the free version, e.g non commercial use?

I can remember something similar being asked in the past, a search of the forums may prove useful. I'm sure that one of the Alwil team can point you in the right direction about pre-installation on PCs you sell.

HTH David
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 04:34:48 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 04:52:23 PM »
Silent installation is available only in the Pro Edition indeed. It's documented in the Help file, and is technically accessible via the Enhanced User Interface.

About the legalities of preinstalling avast on customer's machines, please refer to this thread: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=5959 which quite comprehensively covers this topic.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 09:04:18 AM »

Welcome to the forums, rfusca!    :)  

Please read all posts on the link VLk supplied. There is a workable solution there!    :)