Author Topic: End of the update period?  (Read 3202 times)

yildi

End of the update period?
« on: August 28, 2004, 03:08:22 PM »
Hi to all!
I have used Avast Home with enourmous pleasure for many months now and I am advising it to all my friends and academic fellows.

Today Avast has given me a strange message telling that my update license will end soon. I do not understand the meaning of this message, given that the expiration date of my home license appears to be "never" in the About box of Avast. Should I need to ask for a new license number to be able to continue to update Avast Home or is this a way to force us to buy the commercial version (in a way similar to what Norton does with the OEM version we receive with a new computer)?

Could you help me on this point please?

Murat

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:End of the update period?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 03:16:44 PM »
The free registration key allows one year of updates.
Just register again to get a new free key (for another year).

It shouldn't force you into anything... it's just a way to find out the number of active avast! users.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 03:29:25 PM »
Basicly you could say you have two licenses. 1 for the program which never expires, and 1 for the updates which will expire after 14 months. The last one is giving you the message. Just get another key from HERE and you can update Avast another 14 months.

yildi

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 04:02:27 PM »
Thanks a lot for these precisions and for this magnificient software. I am going to ask a new license number.

Murat