Author Topic: No internet after reboot on latest version 5.1.889 free  (Read 2475 times)

Offline g3b

No internet after reboot on latest version 5.1.889 free
« on: January 14, 2011, 05:52:46 PM »
Hi I have been using avast for about 2 yrs with only minor issues.  The recent updates have left me puzzled.  When I install the latest version all is ok --- until I reboot, after a reboot I cannot connect to the internet.  I have used avast cleaner to uninstall & get the same issue.  Any work around this issue?

Comodo firewall 5.1
WindowsXP pk3

Thanks,
g3b

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: No internet after reboot on latest version 5.1.889 free
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
Have you checked to see if comodo has blocked any of the avast processes, do you have the exclusion's set in each for avast and comodo.

dana

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 06:03:49 PM »
I don't have a firewall blocking avast..but I have been experiencing the same problem where my browser will not connect with the internet until I reboot several times since I installed the latest version of avast

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 06:09:59 PM »
I don't have a firewall blocking avast..but I have been experiencing the same problem where my browser will not connect with the internet until I reboot several times since I installed the latest version of avast
dana you need to stick to the thread you started and run those programs that essexboy has supplied and give him the logs for him to help you further, just run the OTL again and provide the log's.

sded

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
If you are using Comodo check both the firewall and D+ to be sure that the Avast! processes (Avastsvc.exe in particular) are trusted.  Also check the log.