Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 2095 times)

Person012345

What does this mean?
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:49:48 PM »
I keep getting this pop up:

I'm wondering what exactly it has blocked. Neither steam nor Thunder Master are in and of themselves viruses and it doesn't seem to have any correlation to any website I'm browsing, indeed when the last one came up I didn't even have a web browser open (it was as my desktop booted up from shutdown so I hadn't opened a browser at this point this session). So what is it blocking from doing what to what and why is this popping up every 5 minutes? Should I be worried? If I know which program the problem is on maybe I can fix it? I've recently run a pretty deep clean on the machine with rootkit scanners, a suspicious registry thing cleaner, avast and malware bytes, running the same things again isn't pulling up anything new (edit: Actually, running the registry thing again gave me this and this so I told it to get rid of them but I just got the popup again after).

Thanks for any help. Sorry if this isn't the right forum, I know this isn't the forum for fixing viruses but my primary question was about avast itself and what the popup means so feel free to move it.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 12:22:12 AM »
So what is it blocking from doing what to what and why is this popping up every 5 minutes?
this indicate a infection.....

start a topic in the viruses and worms forum section....follow the logs guide at top in that section and attach logs
we need Malwarebytes / OTL / aswMBR logs

Person012345

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:11:04 AM »
I found out for myself that it was blocking steam from doing something and I think I traced the problem to a dll that kept regenerating inside c:\users\blah blah\appdata\roaming\adobe that was being called on by steam (and presumably, before that, thunder master). I stopped most of my programs (any I wasn't sure of/didn't definitely want) from running on startup, it hasn't regenerated and I haven't had any of the warnings again since. Dunno if it's fixed but it'll do for now. >.> Numerous malware scanners can't find anything suspicious. Sure sure, I'll get around to making a report in the correct forum soon enough so you can look it over I guess.