Author Topic: have warning that I can't fix, button wont obey the click?  (Read 1894 times)

annelithern

have warning that I can't fix, button wont obey the click?
« on: January 16, 2011, 11:52:59 AM »
I have a warning that my computers "real time" is'nt completly protected but when I go to click the fix, button nothing happens! it also says that web and mail protection has been turned off. And nothing happens when I press the start button. I have also tried to "stop it for 10 min and when I turn my C off. but It hasn't started again. Anyone?

SafeSurf

Re: have warning that I can't fix, button wont obey the click?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »
Hello annelithern,

You have posted in the wrong section of the forum; you should have posted in the Avast Free/Pro section.  But we will help you here.

It would help when you post if you could give us the Avast product you are using (Free, Pro, AIS) as well as the version you are using and your OS so that we can help you better.

For now, I would do an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.  Also let us know if your machine is acting normally after this.

If the Avast Repair does NOT fix your problem and you have just upgraded to a different version, then I recommend an uninstall and clean install using the Avast uninstall utility tool http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility, but again, we need more information from you prior to giving you more instruction.  Thank you.