Author Topic: help my avast won't turn on some real time shields  (Read 19270 times)

aidyUK

help my avast won't turn on some real time shields
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »
ok so i woke up one morning and started up my laptop (running windows vista home basic)and i was told that some features were disabled so i went to avast on tried to enable them and i got this message

any ideas on what i can do to solve this problem i dont like leaving my laptop open to so many different types of virus attacks please help me

Gargamel360

Re: help my avast won't turn on some real time shields
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:29:32 PM »
Try a repair.  Do this by starting to uninstall Avast! via Windows, but choose the Repair option.

aidyUK

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:44:26 PM »
THANKS YOU  ;D YOU ARE A GOD  :o THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY I NEARLY CRIED  :'( PLEASE USE THIS AS FUTURE REFERENCE FOR OTHERS WITH A SIMILAR PROBLEM

hydrogen

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:54:24 PM »
Ok so this seems to be a bug that few people already facing including myself ( Web Shield, Mail Shield ) been turned off after reboot, some people have different modules turned off.
Bottom line is that there is a issue in this latest version.
My OS is Win 7 x64

Code: [Select]
a repair.  Do this by starting to uninstall Avast! via Windows, but choose the Repair option
It  works for the first 2-4 reboots and goes back to the same thing, for me the next morning came back with thous 2 modules off.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:57:58 PM by hydrogen »

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »
THANKS YOU  ;D YOU ARE A GOD  :o THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY I NEARLY CRIED  :'( PLEASE USE THIS AS FUTURE REFERENCE FOR OTHERS WITH A SIMILAR PROBLEM

God?, hardly  ;D  Glad to help, though.   If you would like, edit the subject of your original post with a (RESOLVLED) tag at the end.

Yeah, your email is showing public also, you  might want to hide that.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:06:48 PM by Gargamel360 »

wave walker

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 08:35:23 PM »
Unfortunately, my Avast Pro version (whichever it is?) doesn't have the option to "Change" from the program uninstall feature.  So here I sit, none the wiser.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »
Unfortunately, my Avast Pro version (whichever it is?) doesn't have the option to "Change" from the program uninstall feature.  So here I sit, none the wiser.
If your using the 6 version then just click avast then the uninstall and you will get the popup where you scroll down to repair.