Author Topic: Avast Internet Security 5.1.889 licensed + Malwarebytes 1.50.1 Pro +SAS 4.48 Pro  (Read 11823 times)

WhizzKidRaJ

Hie Everyone. This is my fist post. I wanted u'all to comment and advice me on whether the combination of Avast Internet Security 5.1.889 licensed + Malwarebytes 1.50.1 Pro +SuperAntiSpyware 4.48 Pro
[but superantispyware's realtime protection is not on and is not started on windows startup and in toolbar. I myslef have done this]
is far enough better protection for my
Windows Xp Pro, RAM 4GB and harddisk 1TB.
And if there would be any conflicts between theses three. Please advice me
Regards :-D

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Hi WhizzKidRaJ, welcome to the forum :)

Well, I do the same as you : Running AIS and MBAM in realtime, and SAS only on-demand. Running both MBAM and SAS in realtime is overkill in my opinion.

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:14:50 PM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

YoKenny

Running both MBAM and SAS in realtime is overkill in my opinion.
I agree.

You may have to exclude MBAM processes from the avast! firewall though.

WhizzKidRaJ

Thankyou very much guys for Ur advices so i should run avast internet security only or both ais and malwarebytes excluding malwarebytes from the avast firewall ?  ??? And if yes then
how to exclude MBAM processes from the avast! firewall ?  ???
Please explain in details  ::)
Regards

WhizzKidRaJ

i've tried to exclude mbam from avast internet security antivirus by the following ways

http://img163.imageshack.us/f/90773398.jpg/

http://img194.imageshack.us/f/22751690.png/

and from the firewall

http://img534.imageshack.us/f/1212r.jpg/

Is this right and should i have to do more ?
Please any1 reply  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

YoKenny

Please use Additional Options... then Browse... for pictures 

You can even use (more attachments)

WhizzKidRaJ

LOL I didn't understand what u said did u saw the pics of mbam exclusions i have set.

Are they right or should i do something more

Please explain  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
We can't see them without opening an off-forum link, by attaching the images to the forum post, we can see them within the actual post.

It makes life easier for those viewing/helping and easier for you as you don't have to upload them to a file share and post the link in the topic.

For some reason I can't enlarge the image and the quality isn't god without that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sys-eng

I recommend excluding the SAS and MBAM processes (.exe files) in avast to avoid false positives though.

Otherwise, your setup is like mine.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I honestly see no pint in this, I have SAS Pro and MBAM free and have had them for some time and haven't excluded them in any avast version that I had with them installed.

Personally I don't pre-empt trouble/problems, but react to any problem, should it arise.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I recommend excluding the SAS and MBAM processes (.exe files) in avast to avoid false positives though.
Not necessarily. SAS and MBAM do encrypt their definitions signatures and do not conflict with avast (on contrary, Panda does not encrypt them, for instance).
The best things in life are free.

YoKenny

The WhizzKid has Avast Internet Security 5.1.889 licensed + Malwarebytes 1.50.1 Pro

He needs to follow the same procedure that AVG needs:
For Windows XP:
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&st=0&p=167851&#entry167851

WhizzKidRaJ

Sorry for the previous images

These are the new ones that i h've uploaded as said by YoKenny

Please check out these images and comment and advice me  on whether i've done enough to exclude mbam from avasr file shield and firewall

i've uploaded three images each in a post since the maximum space allowed was 192 kb

Sorry for any inconvenience if i may have done so

WhizzKidRaJ

pics

WhizzKidRaJ

2nd pic